[MS4W-Users] porting code from linux to windows (don't ask why) and php_mysql.dll

[MS4W-Users] porting code from linux to windows (don't ask why) and php_mysql.dll

Theobald, Charles
I'm having a problem with a relatively simple map file that works fine on an existing linux host but won't run on windows.  In the map file, I'm joining a shape file to a mysql table to use joined attribute data for displaying polygons in different colors based on the attribute field (no x y or lat long columns).  The map does not display, and the server error log indicates a missing php_mysql.dll (which was not part of the ms4w 3.0.2 binary.)
Is that dll available, or do I need to make my OGR connect differently?
Here's how I'm making the connection now (does not work on new server)
DATA "SELECT * FROM Drought_County a LEFT JOIN 'MYSQL:dbname,host=hostname,user=****,password=*********'.dm_20111011 b ON a.fips = b.id"

Thanks

Charles Theobald
NC Division of Water Resources
[hidden email]
919-715-5425

*E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Re: [MS4W-Users] porting code from linux to windows (don't ask why) and php_mysql.dll

jmckenna
Administrator
Theobald, Charles wrote
I'm having a problem with a relatively simple map file that works fine on an existing linux host but won't run on windows.  In the map file, I'm joining a shape file to a mysql table to use joined attribute data for displaying polygons in different colors based on the attribute field (no x y or lat long columns).  The map does not display, and the server error log indicates a missing php_mysql.dll (which was not part of the ms4w 3.0.2 binary.)
Is that dll available, or do I need to make my OGR connect differently?
Here's how I'm making the connection now (does not work on new server)
DATA "SELECT * FROM Drought_County a LEFT JOIN 'MYSQL:dbname,host=hostname,user=****,password=*********'.dm_20111011 b ON a.fips = b.id"

Hello,

MS4W 3.0.3 has built-in support for PHP/MySQL (no need for that separate dll that you mentioned).  To check if your local PHP installation supports MySQL, do the following:

 - open a web browser and goto localhost (http://127.0.0.1/)
 - in the "Features" section of the MS4W page you will see a link for "PHP 5.x", click that
 - pan the resulting page down and look for a section titled "mysql"

Hope that helps.  If you ever need direct support please contact me directly.

Thanks.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

[MS4W-Users] Tilecache

Bjarne Fagerbakke
Hi Jeff and List,

We recognize mstilecache_seed.exe and mstilecache_utils.exe are located in the folder C:\ms4w\tools\mapserv, but we cant find relevant documentation here: http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/.

Can someone give us a clue?

Best regards,

Bjarne Fagerbakke

Re: Tilecache

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Bjarne,

Regarding those 'mstilecache' utilities that we part of older MS4W
versions (MS4W 3.0.3 does not include them, as the upcoming MapCache
will handle caching:
http://www.mapserver.org/trunk/mapcache/index.html), I would call them
experimental, and I would wait for MapCache to be fully released with
MapServer.  I don't believe documentation was created for those
experimental tools that you referenced.  But if you do some reading on
MapCache you will see that there is a lot of momentum behind it now.

-jeff