[MS4W-Users] ms4w -> php -> oci -> oracle11

[MS4W-Users] ms4w -> php -> oci -> oracle11

Christian Porath

Hello,

I installed ms4w 3.0.3 in winserv2008, but I miss all the modules in ./ms4w/Apache/php/ext/ , where can I get them (it is php 5.3.6).

Mainly I try to get the oci-lib for Oracle 11g, which must be "extension=php_oci8_11g.dll" in php.ini, but I need the module. Is there any other thing to do or to configure before restarting Apache to get Oracle11 support in oci-libraries?

Thanx, Christian

Re: [MS4W-Users] ms4w -> php -> oci -> oracle11

jmckenna
Administrator
Christian Porath wrote
I installed ms4w 3.0.3 in winserv2008, but I miss all the modules in
./ms4w/Apache/php/ext/ , where can I get them (it is php 5.3.6).

Mainly I try to get the oci-lib for Oracle 11g, which must be
"extension=php_oci8_11g.dll" in php.ini, but I need the module. Is there any
other thing to do or to configure before restarting Apache to get Oracle11
support in oci-libraries?
Hello Christian,

You are correct that the PHP extension "OCI8" is not compiled for MS4W 3.x (however MapServer support for Oracle is included, which is described at http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g-11g).  You can request to have extensions/enhancements added by filing a ticket in MS4W's issue tracker:

 - login or create a new account at: http://bugzilla.maptools.org/query.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1
 - select "New"
 - select "MS4W"
 - in the "Description" section describe your issue as thoroughly as you can.  If it is about adding an extension or piece of software, then include build steps if you know them

You can also contact me directly if you require a custom build sooner than an MS4W release.

And as usual, providing funding for the development of MS4W is always encouraged as well.

Thank you.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: [MS4W-Users] ms4w -> php -> oci -> oracle11

jmckenna
Administrator
I should also note that if you want to see a list of your installed PHP extensions with MS4W 3.x, do the following:

 - open a web browser and goto localhost (http://127.0.0.1/)
 - in the "Features" section of the MS4W page you will see a link for "PHP 5.x", click that
 - pan the resulting page down and you will see a section for each extension loaded

Thanks.  Have a nice day.

-jeff