[MS4W-Users] hi please help me..

ramramesh
hi,
i'm ramesh, i have created one sample demo of our local area map in my system.This map is working properly in my system.I'm using MapServer +ka-map-1.0 for publishing map.

Next i'm trying to upload all ms4w in our website.
Actually its a shared server.

I have uploaded all ms4w files in server.
But, at the running time an error message is showing like this,

"if (!extension_loaded('MapScript'))
{
   dl($szPHPMapScriptModule);
}"

this is the error line..In php.in i have added "extension=php_mapscript.dll".
but, still that error msg is there..

can you please help me?

waiting for your valuable reply..
Best Regards
Ramesh T.R.

Re: hi please help me..

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-12-20 1:28 AM, Ramesh Malampuzha wrote:

> hi,
> i'm ramesh, i have created one sample demo of our local area map in my
> system.This map is working properly in my system.I'm
> using MapServer +ka-map-1.0 for publishing map.
>
> Next i'm trying to upload all ms4w in our website.
> Actually its a shared server.
>
> I have uploaded all ms4w files in server.
> But, at the running time an error message is showing like this,

> supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=php_mapscript.dll
> in your php.ini in
> <b>D:\inetpub\vhosts\domainname\httpdocs\ms4w\apps\ka-map-1.0\htdocs\init.php</b>
>

> "if (!extension_loaded('MapScript'))
> {
>     dl($szPHPMapScriptModule);
> }"
>
> this is the error line..In php.in <http://php.in/> i have added
> "extension=php_mapscript.dll".
> but, still that error msg is there..

Hi,

I believe you are running into problems because ka-Map was developed for
older PHP versions - and recent MS4W uses PHP 5.3.x which does not allow
the use of the dl() function.  You might try removing the dl() code from
your ka-Map instance.  But I don't have ka-Map locally to test.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: hi please help me..

ramramesh
hi i have removed dl() but, still showing the same error..
:(

Re: hi please help me..

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-12-21 10:37 AM, ramramesh wrote:
> hi i have removed dl() but, still showing the same error..

I am not sure.  It could be that your local environment was using MS4W's
Apache, and you are trying to move to another environment (IIS or
something else) but I am not sure.  You might want to give more
information to the readers of this mailing list about the environment
that you are moving to.

If you ever need direct professional support you can contact me directly.

I wish a merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of the MS4W community :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: hi please help me..

ramramesh
hi,

currently i'm working in windows xp platform.
i'm using ms4w 1.54,
PHP version 5.2.6
Apache version 2.2.9
MapServer 5.2.
and ka-map-1.0.

And i'm uploaded all ms4w folder in a shared server
its a Plesk Windows Hosting package
SSL Support: Disabled
i have uploaded all my datas in "D:\inetpub\vhosts\domain_name\httpdocs\" this location.
Because we have no permission for updating all data in C:\.

before uploading i have changed mapfile, config, httpd.conf location.
in server i can't start apache.
i saw this error via firebug.

currently i'm trying to create a location like this "D:\inetpub\vhosts\domain_name\httpdocs\" in my local system and solving the problem.

i have no deep knowledge. so can you please help me.

Re: hi please help me..

micklesh
hi ramramesh ,
everything in MS4W needs to be set in the root directory of the logical disc, ie d:\ms4w\
so you have 2 options:
 - move your ms4w dir to the root
 - change config files so the paths are applicable to your layout

regards, michael

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM, ramramesh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

actually we have no permission for accessing the root directory.
:(

Re: hi please help me..

micklesh
than you have to change the paths in confgi

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM, ramramesh <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi ,

actually we have no permission for accessing the root directory.
:(

Re: hi please help me..

ramramesh
we can only update our datas in httpdocs.

i have been spending so many days behind this..:(

can we possible to display our map data in this method?