[MS4W-Users] Same map displays layer on one page but fails on another

[MS4W-Users] Same map displays layer on one page but fails on another

Theobald, Charles
I have a map that displays perfectly on one page, but when called from a second page fails to draw a critical layer.  The only difference is the mapsize; 200x120 on the first call, and 470 x 250 on the second.  The first call is on the site index page, hyperlinked to the second page, so the first will always be displayed first.  I'm also getting the error "loadForm(): Web application error. Not enough arguments for mapsize.", although the url calls the exact same .map file the only difference is the size.
We never had this problem with version 4 of the mapserver on Linux, it's only occurring on a new host, windows 2008 R2.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Charles Theobald
NC Division of Water Resources
[hidden email]
919-707-9136
*E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Re: Same map displays layer on one page but fails on another

jmckenna
Administrator
On 12-03-21 3:32 PM, Theobald, Charles wrote:
> I have a map that displays perfectly on one page, but when called from a second page fails to draw a critical layer.  The only difference is the mapsize; 200x120 on the first call, and 470 x 250 on the second.  The first call is on the site index page, hyperlinked to the second page, so the first will always be displayed first.  I'm also getting the error "loadForm(): Web application error. Not enough arguments for mapsize.", although the url calls the exact same .map file the only difference is the size.
> We never had this problem with version 4 of the mapserver on Linux, it's only occurring on a new host, windows 2008 R2.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,

When I debug things like this for clients I always try to duplicate
outside of the application.  Can you duplicate the problem through a
shp2img command (http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html) or
through a mapserv commandline call (see
http://www.mapserver.org/cgi/mapserv.html) ?  Once you have the problem
command, then you can paste it here for all of the mailing list readers
so they can provide comments.  Maybe also paste the output from a
'mapserv -v' command as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for using the MS4W Product in your organization.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/