[MS4W-Users] Reprojection of WMS layer with mapsrcipt

[MS4W-Users] Reprojection of WMS layer with mapsrcipt

Peter.Jehle
Reprojection of WMS layer with mapsrcipt

Hi all,

I have a proprietary map (-server ) software, that offers an non WMS-compliant Web-Interface. To use this software as a WMS, i have written an wrapper/proxy script in php, that translates WMS-request to the proprietary URL, performs the request an returns the result as a WMS-compliant answer.

So far, this works fine. But now i have the problem, that I should reproject  images according to the WMS "SRC" param (for example WGS84). Since my proprietary software does not support reprojection, I would like to do this task in the php wrapper script. Is there a way to do this with mapscript and/or proj4? Can I use mapsript without a UNM-Mapserver mapfile? If so, is there a php script example ?

Thanks for any suggestion

Regard's
Peter

Re: Reprojection of WMS layer with mapsrcipt

Brent Fraser
Peter,

Have a look at GDAL (http://www.gdal.org/).  It is the most popular open source project used for raster re-projection.  There are command line utilities and scripting support.  GDAL is delivered with MS4W, but I don't think PHP examples are included...
Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

On 7/19/2011 2:51 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Frank Warmerdam
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Brent Fraser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Have a look at GDAL (http://www.gdal.org/).  It is the most popular open
> source project used for raster re-projection.  There are command line
> utilities and scripting support.  GDAL is delivered with MS4W, but I don't
> think PHP examples are included...

Brent,

I would note that the GDAL/OGR PHP SWIG bindings are
unsupported and likely badly broken. If I wanted to solve this
problem, I would use the GDAL WMS driver to read from the
remote WMS and use gdalwarp to reproject the image.

(Or just use MapServer aas the WMS server!)

> Hi all,
>
> I have a proprietary map (-server ) software, that offers an non
> WMS-compliant Web-Interface. To use this software as a WMS, i have written
> an wrapper/proxy script in php, that translates WMS-request to the
> proprietary URL, performs the request an returns the result as a
> WMS-compliant answer.
>
> So far, this works fine. But now i have the problem, that I should
> reproject  images according to the WMS "SRC" param (for example WGS84).
> Since my proprietary software does not support reprojection, I would like to
> do this task in the php wrapper script. Is there a way to do this with
> mapscript and/or proj4? Can I use mapsript without a UNM-Mapserver mapfile?
> If so, is there a php script example ?
>
> Thanks for any suggestion
>
> Regard's
> Peter

Re: Reprojection of WMS layer with mapsrcipt

Brent Fraser
Frank,

   Good point; I'd forgotten about the WMS driver.  The mapserver
solution would be good too (for some there could be quite a learning
curve).  And if scripting is required, there's always GDAL's Python
bindings....

Peter,

   You could see some extensive Mapscript PHP examples in GeoMOOSE
(www.geomoose.org), but not too many showing re-projection.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser