[MS4W-Users] PHP-mapscript crashes

ludwig@kni-online.de

Hi List,

I just upgraded to the newest ms4w-version 3.0.4. Many thanks to Jeff McKenna.

I use only the mapserver-dlls with an own apache and php installation as cgi-module.

Everything is working fine, but after some map-generating-calls my php-cgi-crashes with the following error-message (sorry, its in german):

[snip]

php-cgi.exe Fehler in Anwendung

Die Anweisung in "0x7c946822" verweist auf Speicher in "0x00000000". Der Vorgang

"read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.

Klicken Sie auf "OK" umd das Programm zu beenden,

Klicken Sie auf "Abbrechen", um das Programm zu debuggen.

[/snip]

I can run the scripts a few times without problems, but then the crash occurs.

Hint:

I had simular issues with the beta-version, here some php-preg-function-calls (regular expressions) were problematic.

What can I do?

Ludwig

Re: PHP-mapscript crashes

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Ludwig,

Can you attach a small test php script to a ticket?  File it in the
"MS4W" component at http://bugzilla.maptools.org/?GoAheadAndLogIn=1
(login/create account and then select "New").

I'll test that script on a few machines.

It could definitely be a bug, if so I will tackle it.

Thanks!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: PHP-mapscript crashes

jmckenna
Administrator
Updates:

 - I never received the test scripts or ticket
 - but I did find a nice test script here: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=61068
 - I am unable to crash PHP or Apache locally
 - note that my testing was within the MS4W environment (not as a PHP-CGI module)

How do your tests do within the MS4W environment?

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training