[MS4W-Users] MapServer 6.0.0 release package available

[MS4W-Users] MapServer 6.0.0 release package available

jmckenna
Administrator
Existing MS4W users can upgrade to the 6.0.0 release by following
instructions at:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=RELEASE_mapserver_ms4w3.x_dev-6.0.0.html
  A full MS4W base installer will be available soon with 6.0.0 support
as well.

MapServer 6.0.0 release notes:
http://www.mapserver.org/development/announce/6-0.html

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the release process by
providing feedback.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: MapServer 6.0.0 release package available

diodata
Thanks for putting this out, and for your work on maintaining MS4W.

Just as FYI (as you probably know) with the changes to MapServer 6.0, the default demo applications that ship with MS4W will return errors.  I've tried Chameleon, dbox, Fusion, and GMap as part of the MS4W base installer.   Also no luck when downloading the latest GeoMoose and p.mapper apps for MS4W.   (I know GeoMoose will have a version soon that will work with MapServer 6.)

Openlayers examples also gave me trouble but then I found out it was related to FF 4.0 browser.  Replacing the MS4W distributed OpenLayers 10 (inc examples) with the latest trunk version works great.

The MapServer Itasca Demo Application still works fine.

- John

***********************************
John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey
University of Delaware

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Existing MS4W users can upgrade to the 6.0.0 release by following
instructions at:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=RELEASE_mapserver_ms4w3.x_dev-6.0.0.html
 A full MS4W base installer will be available soon with 6.0.0 support
as well.

MapServer 6.0.0 release notes:
http://www.mapserver.org/development/announce/6-0.html

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the release process by
providing feedback.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: MapServer 6.0.0 release package available

jmckenna
Administrator
Thanks John.  Yes these will be updated for the next MS4W base release
(containing 6.0.0); until then, everyone should be aware of the issues
mentioned by John if you do use the MapServer 6.0.0 addon package.

-jeff

--

On 11-05-13 12:10 PM, John Callahan wrote:

> Thanks for putting this out, and for your work on maintaining MS4W.
>
> Just as FYI (as you probably know) with the changes to MapServer 6.0,
> the default demo applications that ship with MS4W will return errors.
> I've tried Chameleon, dbox, Fusion, and GMap as part of the MS4W base
> installer.   Also no luck when downloading the latest GeoMoose and
> p.mapper apps for MS4W.   (I know GeoMoose will have a version soon that
> will work with MapServer 6.)
>
> Openlayers examples also gave me trouble but then I found out it was
> related to FF 4.0 browser.  Replacing the MS4W distributed OpenLayers 10
> (inc examples) with the latest trunk version works great.
>
> The MapServer Itasca Demo Application still works fine.
>
> - John
>
> ***********************************
> John Callahan, Research Scientist
> Delaware Geological Survey
> University of Delaware
>

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Jeff McKenna
> wrote:
>
>     Existing MS4W users can upgrade to the 6.0.0 release by following
>     instructions at:
>     http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=RELEASE_mapserver_ms4w3.x_dev-6.0.0.html
>       A full MS4W base installer will be available soon with 6.0.0 support
>     as well.
>
>     MapServer 6.0.0 release notes:
>     http://www.mapserver.org/development/announce/6-0.html
>
>     Thank you to everyone who contributed to the release process by
>     providing feedback.
>
>     Have a nice weekend everyone.

[MS4W-Users] Classifying rasters

mike_smith
Just a quick question regarding classifying raster display in MapServer to make sure I understand the documentation correctly. Is it true that the only way to classify raster display values in MapServer is if there is a single attribute value (pixel), or three to four (RGBA) if the raster is color?

I ask because I have a number of rasters with attribute tables that have multiple columns of attributes per pixel. I currently classify some of these rasters using ESRI software using multiple attributes to determine which color is displayed for each pixel (for example: landcov = 1 AND urban = 0 would display as red). Before going through the process of reclassifying the rasters so there is only a single range of values, or converting them to polygons, I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.

- Michael

Michael Smith
GIS Coordinator
Association of Bay Area Governments
Ph:  510.464.7948
Fax: 510.464.7970
[hidden email]

PS - Hello to all the Michael Smiths! Heard there were a number of us on the list when I posted my first question.