[MS4W-Users] ESRI FileGDB

ludwig@kni-online.de
Hi list,
I have to integrate some spacial data from ESRI's file geodatabase into
our Mapserver/PostGIS-Environment.
I know that ogr2ogr in versions > 1.9.0 can read and write FileGDBs when
kompiled with the additional API (see
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_filegdb.html), but unfortunatly I can't
compile myself and all downloadable OGR-stuff is kompiled without
FileGDB-Support.
Has somebody these resources or knows where they can be downloaded?
Ludwig

Re: ESRI FileGDB

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-10-11 5:29 PM, Ludwig Kniprath wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have to integrate some spacial data from ESRI's file geodatabase into
> our Mapserver/PostGIS-Environment.
> I know that ogr2ogr in versions>  1.9.0 can read and write FileGDBs when
> kompiled with the additional API (see
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_filegdb.html), but unfortunatly I can't
> compile myself and all downloadable OGR-stuff is kompiled without
> FileGDB-Support.
> Has somebody these resources or knows where they can be downloaded?
> Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

I have the ability to build GDAL/MS4W with FileGDB (I put my notes at
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FileGDB).  We also did some testing
during the WMS Benchmarking exercise, but had problems accessing FileGDB
maps in MapServer through Apache (both on Windows and Linux...I am not
sure if that is fixed yet or not).  I am not sure that this support is
ready for a production environment.

FileGDB will be available in MS4W when GDAL 1.9.0 is released.  If you
need a custom MS4W build you can always contact me directly.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/