[MS4W-Users] Download and install of 3.0.3

[MS4W-Users] Download and install of 3.0.3

Brent Fraser
Jeff,

   I'm trying to install 3.0.3 with the installer, but it times-out when
downloading the zip file.  I've been able to download the zip file
manula,  so is there some way to point the installer to my local copy?

Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

Re: Download and install of 3.0.3

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-12-22 11:42 AM, Brent Fraser wrote:
> Jeff,
>
>     I'm trying to install 3.0.3 with the installer, but it times-out when
> downloading the zip file.  I've been able to download the zip file
> manula,  so is there some way to point the installer to my local copy?

Brent,

No.  I'll check into this timeout problem, hmmmm, not good.  You are on
a fast/regular connection, and the issue is on our side you are saying?

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 11-12-22 12:21 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 11-12-22 11:42 AM, Brent Fraser wrote:
>> Jeff,
>>
>> I'm trying to install 3.0.3 with the installer, but it times-out when
>> downloading the zip file. I've been able to download the zip file
>> manula, so is there some way to point the installer to my local copy?

Luckily I am working today on a very very slow connection - it does take
a long time to download all of the zips...but I did not get a timeout
error - installation was successful on a very old XP machine.

I am not sure how to reproduce this error.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: Download and install of 3.0.3

Smith, Michael-2
Not sure where Brent is located, but there is currently a big Internet
issue in NE USA, as some bozo in Massachusetts cut through a major
fiber-optic link with a backhoe.  The State is running on its backup
link, but it only 40% of our main link. We are crawling Internet-wise
right now.

*****************
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS, Maine OIT
Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council

| MEGIS | GeoLibrary | MEGUG | NSGIC |

State House Station 174
264 Civic Center Drive
Augusta, ME 04333-0174
(207) 215-5530

69 o 47' 49.5"W   44 o 20' 54.5"N

On 11-12-22 11:42 AM, Brent Fraser wrote:
> Jeff,
>
>     I'm trying to install 3.0.3 with the installer, but it times-out
when
> downloading the zip file.  I've been able to download the zip file
> manula,  so is there some way to point the installer to my local copy?

Brent,

No.  I'll check into this timeout problem, hmmmm, not good.  You are on
a fast/regular connection, and the issue is on our side you are saying?

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: Download and install of 3.0.3

Brent Fraser
It starts then stalls at 1%.    But I can d/l the zip manually ok, so I
didn't think it was my connection (I'm on a 8mbit down cable connection
in Calgary Canada)

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

On 12/22/2011 9:38 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> On 11-12-22 12:21 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> On 11-12-22 11:42 AM, Brent Fraser wrote:
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install 3.0.3 with the installer, but it times-out when
>>> downloading the zip file. I've been able to download the zip file
>>> manula, so is there some way to point the installer to my local copy?
> Luckily I am working today on a very very slow connection - it does take
> a long time to download all of the zips...but I did not get a timeout
> error - installation was successful on a very old XP machine.
>
> I am not sure how to reproduce this error.
>
> -jeff

Re: Download and install of 3.0.3

Brent Fraser
It must be at my end;  I tried a different network  and it worked ok.
Maybe my router is a problem...