MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Daniel Morissette
We had the discussion on RFC 118 back in February and the code in my
fork (https://github.com/dmorissette/mapserver/tree/rfc118-filter) has
been in use in a few apps since, but we haven't voted to include it
officially in 7.2 yet.

So unless there is more feedback, I'll move to adopt MS RFC 118 -
Support Vendor-Specific OGC FILTER parameter in WMS requests:

http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-118.html

And I start with my +1

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
+1

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Stephen Woodbridge
+1
Steve W

On 8/15/2017 5:41 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> We had the discussion on RFC 118 back in February and the code in my
> fork (https://github.com/dmorissette/mapserver/tree/rfc118-filter) has
> been in use in a few apps since, but we haven't voted to include it
> officially in 7.2 yet.
>
> So unless there is more feedback, I'll move to adopt MS RFC 118 -
> Support Vendor-Specific OGC FILTER parameter in WMS requests:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-118.html
>
> And I start with my +1
>
> Daniel

---

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Michael Smith
+1

Michael Smith
Remote Sensing/GIS Center
US Army Corps of Engineers

> On Aug 15, 2017, at 5:41 PM, Daniel Morissette <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We had the discussion on RFC 118 back in February and the code in my fork (https://github.com/dmorissette/mapserver/tree/rfc118-filter) has been in use in a few apps since, but we haven't voted to include it officially in 7.2 yet.
>
> So unless there is more feedback, I'll move to adopt MS RFC 118 - Support Vendor-Specific OGC FILTER parameter in WMS requests:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-118.html
>
> And I start with my +1
>
> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Morissette
> Mapgears Inc
> T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

jratike80
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Vastaanottaja: [hidden email]; [hidden email]

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Stephan Meißl
+1
Stephan

On 08/15/2017 11:41 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> We had the discussion on RFC 118 back in February and the code in my
> fork (https://github.com/dmorissette/mapserver/tree/rfc118-filter) has
> been in use in a few apps since, but we haven't voted to include it
> officially in 7.2 yet.
>
> So unless there is more feedback, I'll move to adopt MS RFC 118 -
> Support Vendor-Specific OGC FILTER parameter in WMS requests:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-118.html
>
> And I start with my +1
>
> Daniel

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

jmckenna
Administrator
+1   jeff

Nice addition!

On 2017-08-15 6:41 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> We had the discussion on RFC 118 back in February and the code in my
> fork (https://github.com/dmorissette/mapserver/tree/rfc118-filter) has
> been in use in a few apps since, but we haven't voted to include it
> officially in 7.2 yet.
>
> So unless there is more feedback, I'll move to adopt MS RFC 118 -
> Support Vendor-Specific OGC FILTER parameter in WMS requests:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-118.html
>
> And I start with my +1
>
> Daniel

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Daniel Morissette
Hi everyone,

I declare this motion passed with +1 from TomK, SteveL, JukkaR, SteveW,
MichaelS, StephanM, JeffM and DanielM.

I updated the RFC to reflect the vote results and also indicate a
limitation that was found in testing: since this uses the QUERYMAP
mechanism for rendering, the OPACITY, COMPOSITE and MASK layer options
are not supported in filtered layers because msDrawQueryMap() doesn't
implement them. (Fixing this QueryMap limitation is out of scope for
this RFC)

The code has been tested for a little while in a few apps and is ready
to merge into master for 7.2 in the following pull request:

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5480

Unfortunately the Travis builds are broken at the moment, so I wonder if
I should merge into master anyway, or wait for Travis to be fixed. Any
opinions on this?

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Daniel Morissette
For the record, after Even fixed the Travis config, the updated RFC 118
pull request passed all tests and has been merged into master.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc