MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

I would like to make the following motion.

Please give feedback soon - at once ;)

Motion: I would like to make the motion to order 500 usb sticks 16 GB
USB 3.0

Astrid Emde

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Guido Stein-3
+1 (can you also share the price)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:05 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to make the following motion.

Please give feedback soon - at once ;)

Motion: I would like to make the motion to order 500 usb sticks 16 GB
USB 3.0

Astrid Emde

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:

> +1 (can you also share the price)
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:05 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to make the following motion.
>>
>> Please give feedback soon - at once ;)
>>
>> Motion: I would like to make the motion to order 500 usb sticks 16
>> GB
>> USB 3.0
>>
>> Astrid Emde
>>
>> --

>  This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or
> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient
> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use,
> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information
> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this
> message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by
> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied
> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

guidos
Who is loading the disk image?

Please tell me you are getting them with data already loaded.

-guido

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:10 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
> +1 (can you also share the price)
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:05 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to make the following motion.
>>
>> Please give feedback soon - at once ;)
>>
>> Motion: I would like to make the motion to order 500 usb sticks 16
>> GB
>> USB 3.0
>>
>> Astrid Emde
>>
>> --

>  This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or
> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient
> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use,
> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information
> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this
> message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by
> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied
> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
No,

they will be empty.

As OSGeoLive will be ready at 15. August

And I will leave at 17. August

I thought we prepare some here in Bonn and more in Dar.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:13 schrieb Guido Stein:

> Who is loading the disk image?
>
> Please tell me you are getting them with data already loaded.
>
> -guido
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:10 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

guidos
ok, that sounds a little scary to me, but I am sure you will get it done.

I am sure you know all of this, but just in case...

Last year we did not try to create bootable drives as many new computers seem to think this is a security threat, imagine that. But I think there was a good case made the other way, so I think it's a personal choice.

That said, if you are doing bootable USB drives you will need to plan on how to do that since it's not just a copy paste.

Let me know if I can be of any help. (as much help as I can be at this short notice and while I am in the US)

-Guido

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:14 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
No,

they will be empty.

As OSGeoLive will be ready at 15. August

And I will leave at 17. August

I thought we prepare some here in Bonn and more in Dar.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:13 schrieb Guido Stein:
> Who is loading the disk image?
>
> Please tell me you are getting them with data already loaded.
>
> -guido
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:10 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

jody.garnett
So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive goes stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost. I take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering it as a booth handout.
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 09:10, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
> +1 (can you also share the price)
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:05 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to make the following motion.
>>
>> Please give feedback soon - at once ;)
>>
>> Motion: I would like to make the motion to order 500 usb sticks 16
>> GB
>> USB 3.0
>>
>> Astrid Emde
>>
>> --

>  This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or
> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient
> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use,
> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information
> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this
> message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by
> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied
> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Guido,

maybe we can make it like in Bonn 2016

1. we can also create some USB with a copy of the iso on it

2. we can create with the workflow Angelos made for FOSS4G 2016 (but I
have to find it....) I could prepare some in Bonn already and the rest
maybe on Monday or tuesday before the conference.

Alternatively we could print the im the US (after the 15.8.) and you
bring them to Dar.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:20 schrieb Guido Stein:

> ok, that sounds a little scary to me, but I am sure you will get it
> done.
>
> I am sure you know all of this, but just in case...
>
> Last year we did not try to create bootable drives as many new
> computers seem to think this is a security threat, imagine that. But I
> think there was a good case made the other way, so I think it's a
> personal choice.
>
> That said, if you are doing bootable USB drives you will need to plan
> on how to do that since it's not just a copy paste.
>
> Let me know if I can be of any help. (as much help as I can be at this
> short notice and while I am in the US)
>
> -Guido
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:14 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No,
>>
>> they will be empty.
>>
>> As OSGeoLive will be ready at 15. August
>>
>> And I will leave at 17. August
>>
>> I thought we prepare some here in Bonn and more in Dar.
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:13 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> Who is loading the disk image?
>>>
>>> Please tell me you are getting them with data already loaded.
>>>
>>> -guido

>> sticks

>> confidential
>> received

>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going to
make USBs (they did not manage).

We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the OSGeo
booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer if
the participants are not prepared)

Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be ok.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:33 schrieb Jody Garnett:

> So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand
> awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive goes
> stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost. I
> take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering it as
> a booth handout.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 09:10, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

guidos
Thanks Astrid for managing this.

-guido

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going to
make USBs (they did not manage).

We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the OSGeo
booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer if
the participants are not prepared)

Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be ok.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:33 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand
> awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive goes
> stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost. I
> take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering it as
> a booth handout.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 09:10, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Peter Mooney
+1 from me

As Guido said - there is a lot of work involved so we thank you Astrid.

We ordered 100 USB for the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter event in May - the committee shared the job and wrote about 15 USB each.

We tried to find places which would pre-load data but this was difficult and we didn't find a good solution.

Peter

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Guido Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Astrid for managing this.

-guido

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going to
make USBs (they did not manage).

We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the OSGeo
booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer if
the participants are not prepared)

Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be ok.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:33 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand
> awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive goes
> stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost. I
> take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering it as
> a booth handout.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 09:10, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

nicolas bozon
+1

+1 from me

As Guido said - there is a lot of work involved so we thank you Astrid.

We ordered 100 USB for the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter event in May - the committee shared the job and wrote about 15 USB each.

We tried to find places which would pre-load data but this was difficult and we didn't find a good solution.

Peter

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Guido Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Astrid for managing this.

-guido

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going to
make USBs (they did not manage).

We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the OSGeo
booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer if
the participants are not prepared)

Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be ok.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:33 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand
> awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive goes
> stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost. I
> take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering it as
> a booth handout.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 09:10, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Cameron Shorter

+1 Cameron. Astrid, I can see you will be busy on the flight over. I have a comical vision of a "Laptop minding service" at the OSGeo Booth, where laptops are retasked SETI style to being used as USB creation machines.

On 1/08/2018 3:42 AM, nicolas bozon wrote:
+1

+1 from me

As Guido said - there is a lot of work involved so we thank you Astrid.

We ordered 100 USB for the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter event in May - the committee shared the job and wrote about 15 USB each.

We tried to find places which would pre-load data but this was difficult and we didn't find a good solution.

Peter

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Guido Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Astrid for managing this.

-guido

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going to
make USBs (they did not manage).

We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the OSGeo
booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer if
the participants are not prepared)

Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be ok.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 18:33 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand
> awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive goes
> stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost. I
> take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering it as
> a booth handout.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 09:10, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the price is for empty sticks: 6,72 € per stick with logo
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:09 schrieb Guido Stein:
>>> +1 (can you also share the price)

>> 16

>>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential
>> or
>>> legally privileged information. If you are not an intended
>> recipient
>>> or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
>> use,
>>> copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the
>> information
>>> contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received
>> this
>>> message and material in error, please advise the sender
>> immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of
>> Applied
>>> Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

As not veto showed up I will make the order.

Astrid

Am 31.07.2018 20:55 schrieb Cameron Shorter:

> +1 Cameron. Astrid, I can see you will be busy on the flight over. I
> have a comical vision of a "Laptop minding service" at the OSGeo
> Booth, where laptops are retasked SETI style to being used as USB
> creation machines.
>
> On 1/08/2018 3:42 AM, nicolas bozon wrote:
>
>> +1

>> +1 from me
>>
>> As Guido said - there is a lot of work involved so we thank you
>> Astrid.
>>
>> We ordered 100 USB for the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter event in May -
>> the committee shared the job and wrote about 15 USB each.
>>
>> We tried to find places which would pre-load data but this was
>> difficult and we didn't find a good solution.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Guido Stein <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Astrid for managing this.
>>
>> -guido
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going
>> make USBs (they did not manage).
>>
>> We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the
>> OSGeo
>> booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer
>> if
>> the participants are not prepared)
>>
>> Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be
>> ok.
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> Am 31.07.2018 18:33 schrieb Jody Garnett:
>>> So that roughly $4000 USD. I think they sticks provide good brand
>>> awareness, personally I end up reformatting them once OSGeoLive
>> goes
>>> stale. For the longest time we had conferences take on this cost.
>>> take it Dar has not expressed an interest and we are considering
>> it as
>>> a booth handout.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jody Garnett

>> sticks

>> confidential
>> received

>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/ [1]

> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Alex Mandel-2
+1, I'll be Dar and try to remember to bring my 10 port usb3 hub.

Thanks,
Alex

On 07/31/2018 02:32 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thanks for the feedback.
>
> As not veto showed up I will make the order.
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 31.07.2018 20:55 schrieb Cameron Shorter:
>> +1 Cameron. Astrid, I can see you will be busy on the flight over. I
>> have a comical vision of a "Laptop minding service" at the OSGeo
>> Booth, where laptops are retasked SETI style to being used as USB
>> creation machines.
>>
>> On 1/08/2018 3:42 AM, nicolas bozon wrote:
>>
>>> +1

>>> +1 from me
>>>
>>> As Guido said - there is a lot of work involved so we thank you
>>> Astrid.
>>>
>>> We ordered 100 USB for the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter event in May -
>>> the committee shared the job and wrote about 15 USB each.
>>>
>>> We tried to find places which would pre-load data but this was
>>> difficult and we didn't find a good solution.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Guido Stein <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Astrid for managing this.
>>>
>>> -guido
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I talked with mark about USB and he said, that they are not going
>>> make USBs (they did not manage).
>>>
>>> We will not have sticks for everyone. But can hand them out at the
>>> OSGeo
>>> booth and in the workshops (very usefull for the workshop organizer
>>> if
>>> the participants are not prepared)
>>>
>>> Many people have plenty of usbs already, so I think 500 shoul be
>>> ok.
>>>
>>> Astrid

>>> goes
>>> it as

>>> sticks

>>> confidential
>>> received

>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Technology Demystifier
>> Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>>
>> M +61 (0) 419 142 254
>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/member/astrid-emde/

Re: MOTION: order 500 usb sticks 16 GB USB 3.0

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Alex,

I was smiling and still am smiling when I saw your mail.

I remember Denver, when we had the USB-sprint ,)

Thanks for bringing the hub!

Astrid