MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
Hi all,

as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):

“Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."

Please vote. TIA.

Best regards,
Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Jeroen Ticheler - GeoCat
+1 from me.
It is unfortunate they are the only group bidding. On the other hand I'm sure they will not disappoint us, even without competition.
Ciao,
Jeroen

GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on GeoServer, MapServer, PostGIS and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net for details.
_________________________
Jeroen Ticheler
GeoCat bv
Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
Tel: +31 (0)6 81286572
http://geocat.net

> Op 24 mrt. 2014 om 08:47 heeft Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

stevenfeldman
I’m uneasy about having only one bidder and I have doubts about the location attracting good numbers from outside the region but if we want to spread the word outside of Europe and NA then these are risks we have to accept.

+1 from me
______
Steven

On 24 Mar 2014, at 07:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):

“Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."

Please vote. TIA.

Best regards,
Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Gavin Fleming-3
I share Steven's concern about there being only one bidder but have confidence the Korean LOC can pull it off so +1 from me.

Gavin

On 24/03/2014 10:53, Steven Feldman wrote:
I’m uneasy about having only one bidder and I have doubts about the location attracting good numbers from outside the region but if we want to spread the word outside of Europe and NA then these are risks we have to accept.

+1 from me
______
Steven

On 24 Mar 2014, at 07:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):

“Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."

Please vote. TIA.

Best regards,
Bart

regards

Gavin

Gavin Fleming
http://afrispatial.co.za
t: 0218630660
c: 0845965680
f: 0866164820

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Vasile Crăciunescu
+1

-Vasile

On 24/03/14 08:47, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
On 2014/03/24 19:56, David William Bitner wrote:
> +1 sharing the concerns expressed by others
+1

Venka

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 5:01 AM, Vasile Craciunescu
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> -Vasile
>>

>> On 24/03/14 08:47, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the
>>> following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>>>
>>> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for
>>> the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>>>
>>> Please vote. TIA.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Thierry Badard
Le 14-03-24 03:47, Bart van den Eijnden a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Same concerns expressed by the other members of the committee, but keep
the ball rolling, so +1 for me.

Th.

--
Prof. Thierry Badard, Ph.D., ing. jr

Professeur agrégé au Département des sciences géomatiques
(http://www.scg.ulaval.ca)
Chercheur régulier au Centre de Recherche en Géomatique
(http://www.crg.ulaval.ca)
Administrateur des projets open source :
   GeoKettle (http://www.geokettle.org)
   GeoMondrian (http://www.geo-mondrian.org)
   GeOxygene (http://oxygene-project.sourceforge.net)
Membre votant de la fondation OSGeo
(http://www.osgeo.org)

Département des sciences géomatiques
Faculté de foresterie, de géographie et de géomatique
Pavillon Louis-Jacques Casault
1055, avenue du Séminaire
Local 1343
Université Laval
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Canada

Tél.: +1.418.656-7116 - Fax: +1.418.656-7411
Courriel : [hidden email]
Web: http://geosoa.scg.ulaval.ca

*AVERTISSEMENT*

Avis relatif à la confidentialité
Notice of confidentiality
Advertencia de confidencialidad
http://www.rec.ulaval.ca/lce/securite/confidentialite.htm

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Jachym Cepicky
all has been said

+1

Jachym

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 08:47:07AM +0100, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Jachym Cepicky

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Dave McIlhagga
+1
Dave

Sent from mobile
[hidden email]

> On Mar 24, 2014, at 1:39 PM, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> all has been said
>
> +1
>
> Jachym
>
>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 08:47:07AM +0100, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>>
>> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>>
>> Please vote. TIA.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart

> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky at gmail com
> PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp
> @jachymc

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
Thanks to everyone who voted already, the following people have 1 business day (today) left to vote:

  • Lorenzo Becchi
  • Helena Mitasova
  • Claude Philipona
  • Paul Ramsey
  • Cameron Shorter

Best regards,
Bart

On 24 Mar 2014, at 08:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):

“Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."

Please vote. TIA.

Best regards,
Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Cameron Shorter
+1
I'd like to present a counter point to people who have raised concerns.

I acknowledge that an Asian conference will likely attract less attendees, especially  from US/Europe.
However, I don't see that as a bad thing. US and Europe each have successful FOSS4G regional events every year. People from those countries won't miss out.

An Asian international FOSS4G event will provide the opportunity to consolidate regional Asian FOSS4G events.
I also am reassured to see that South Korea has already held a local FOSS4G event, and as such has proven passion and experience in holding a FOSS4G event. And I see there being great value to be gained through other areas within Asia collaborating.

On 25/03/14 02:21, Peter Batty wrote:
[...]

Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf,
26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

jmckenna
Administrator
I feel the same Cameron.  I look back at FOSS4G Cape Town in 2008 as a
crucial part of the growth of Open Source geo across the globe; the
community there is still thriving and growing (I'll return there for the
3rd time this summer for FOSS).  The same will be said for FOSS4G in KR.
 Of course I speak from experience, having had boots on the ground this
year at their FOSS4G-KR event.  I've felt the passion of the OSGeo-KR
community myself.

Reminds me, I heard these same concerns for FOSS4G Sydney - and you and
your community's passion now are proof of the long lasting benefits of
such an event (one could argue a big part of the LiveDVD roots can be
traced back to the passion planted in 2009).

-jeff

On 2014-03-25, 8:17 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> +1
> I'd like to present a counter point to people who have raised concerns.
>
> I acknowledge that an Asian conference will likely attract less
> attendees, especially  from US/Europe.
> However, I don't see that as a bad thing. US and Europe each have
> successful FOSS4G regional events every year. People from those
> countries won't miss out.
>
> An Asian international FOSS4G event will provide the opportunity to
> consolidate regional Asian FOSS4G events.
> I also am reassured to see that South Korea has already held a local
> FOSS4G event, and as such has proven passion and experience in holding a
> FOSS4G event. And I see there being great value to be gained through
> other areas within Asia collaborating.
>

> On 25/03/14 02:21, Peter Batty wrote:
>> +1
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     I’m uneasy about having only one bidder and I have doubts about
>>     the location attracting good numbers from outside the region but
>>     if we want to spread the word outside of Europe and NA then these
>>     are risks we have to accept.
>>
>>     +1 from me
>>     ______
>>     Steven
>>

>>     On 24 Mar 2014, at 07:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>>     Hi all,
>>>
>>>     as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote
>>>     on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>>>
>>>     “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid
>>>     process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>>>
>>>     Please vote. TIA.
>>>
>>>     Best regards,
>>>     Bart

> Cameron Shorter,
> Software and Data Solutions Manager
> LISAsoft
> Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf,
> 26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009
>
> P +61 2 9009 5000,  W www.lisasoft.com,  F +61 2 9009 5099

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
With a lot of +1’s and no -1’s I declare this motion passed.

Korean team, you have up until April 28th 2014 to get the full bid / proposal in. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

On 24 Mar 2014, at 08:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

BJ Jang-2
Thanks for you all.

We will be hard to prepare, and will make EXCITING event.

See you at South-Korea.

With a lot of +1’s and no -1’s I declare this motion passed.

Korean team, you have up until April 28th 2014 to get the full bid / proposal in. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

On 24 Mar 2014, at 08:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Open Source GIS Technical Manager / e-Cartographer
장병 팀장 | BJ Jang

가이아쓰리디()
서울시 금천구 가산동 60-19 SJ테크노빌 702호
tel
: 02-3397-3475 | fax: 02-3397-3278
e-mail[hidden email] | mobile: 010-3390-7056

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
Thank you.

Just one small clarification on the process, the final vote will be just before May 16th 2014, after review of the stage 2 bid book.

Best regards,
Bart

On 26 Mar 2014, at 09:44, BJ Jang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for you all.

We will be hard to prepare, and will make EXCITING event.

See you at South-Korea.

With a lot of +1’s and no -1’s I declare this motion passed.

Korean team, you have up until April 28th 2014 to get the full bid / proposal in. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

On 24 Mar 2014, at 08:47, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as announced last week, I’d like the conference committee to vote on the following motion (please vote within 2 business days):
>
> “Let South-Korea advance to the second stage (aka the bid process) for the FOSS4G 2015 RFP."
>
> Please vote. TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Open Source GIS Technical Manager / e-Cartographer
장병 팀장 | BJ Jang

가이아쓰리디()
서울시 금천구 가산동 60-19 SJ테크노빌 702호
tel
: 02-3397-3475 | fax: 02-3397-3278
e-mail[hidden email] | mobile: 010-3390-7056

Re: MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Sanghee Shin
Dear FOSS4G 2015 Selection Committee,

Most of all I'm very pleased that we've passed Stage I and thank you so much for your support.

We will prepare for full proposal and will submit by 28th April.

Thanks again and regards,

Sanghee
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

2014. 3. 26., 오후 5:29, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> 작성: