MGOS layers with Google Maps API?

open_saucer
Hey guys, thanks for bearing with me with all of my previous questions, as I'm still new to MGOS.
I'm a user of Esri products, and have some experience with ArcGIS Server. And now I'm trying to replicate that with MGOS.
So in ArcGIS Server the workflow is publish the layers in ArcMap, and the layers is in a rest service url after publishing it.  Then we can reference those layers' rest url, reference the ArcGIS JavaScript API and utilize the API library to interact with the layers.

Does MGOS have similar workflow like with ArcGIS Server?  After I create the Vector Layer Definition,
I'm planning to use Google Maps API to interact with MGOS Vector Layer Definition, could that happen?  Could I open up Notepad++, create the HTML file, reference the url to Google maps API and the url to the MGOS vector layer definition and use the API library to interact with the data?  i.e. use the InfoWindow object in the API to display information in a pop up window?  Thanks in advance.

Re: MGOS layers with Google Maps API?

RenoSun
Hi open_saucer,

I think it's totally doable to use Google Map API with MGOS.

However, it won't be as easy as using OpenLayers 3 API to do that.

I would suggest that you can give  OL3 <https://openlayers.org/>   a try, or
something like  OL3-Google-Maps
<https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps>  .

You may use  mapguide-rest <https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-rest>
to load vector-tiles(geojson) from MGOS, and load them by using Google Map
API/OL3 API.

Or you may set up your own configuration by using mapguide-rest to generate
html, kml, geojson, xml, or czml response based on what you set up on MGOS
by using Maestro.

I didn't see this post, but hopefully you had some progresses already :)

Cheers!