I am planning to release MapGuide Open Source 3.1.2 sometime around
This release will most likely be the last release in the 3.1 series due to
our bundled PHP (5.6) being end-of-life with upgrading PHP to the newer 7.x
being both a breaking change and work that is still in progress.
Key items of note are:
- Improved FDO providers
- *** Functional SHP provider for 64-bit Linux ***
- *** Experimental King.Oracle provider for Linux ***
- Enhanced OGR provider
- Configurable default schema name (instead of OGRSchema)
- New optional DataSourceEncoding property to better support UTF-8
- Improved provider correctness (eg. Throw on bad property names)
- Updated web tier components
- Apache HTTPD updated to 2.4.37
- Tomcat updated to 7.0.92
- PHP updated to 5.6.40 (NOTE: 5.6.40 is the last release in the PHP 5.6
series, which is now end-of-life)
- Fusion improvements:
- New *optional* PHP server-side unified template entry point.
- NOTE: This is a reversal from my previous announcement where the
server-side entry point replaces the individual index.html files. This
feature is now opt-in with the individual index.html files being reverted
back to being the default way of accessing any given template.
- Fix non-functional XYZ tile source support
- Selection Panel support for custom date/time formatting
The 4-5 week window from now should be sufficient time to see what other
fixes and minor improvements can be made for this release. Due to the new
64-bit Linux awesomeness that has landed, 3.1.2 will have an RC release a
week or 2 before the final one so that interested users can try out the new
functional FDO providers on 64-bit Linux.