MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

pcardinal
Windows server 2012 R2, IIS, MGOS 3.1.2, MySQL 8.0

I can't display points (spatial) with MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0, but it is
possible with MySQL 5.5 and 5.7.

 Also it is possible to display the points from MySQL 8.0 in a map of FDO
Toolbox 1.4.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t191709/fdotool.jpg>

With MapGuide Maestro 6.0m10, it is possible to connect to MySQL 8.0 and to
count the number of points *(features) to display, but nothing is display.
(http://localhost/mapguide/schemareport/describeschema.php?viewer=basic&schemaName=&className=&resId=Session:cac26d58-f79b-11ea-8000-00155d024b01_en_MTI3LjAuMC4x0AFC0AFB0AFA//FeatureSourcePreview98502737-357b-4b55-9241-803e0dedc112.FeatureSource&sessionId=cac26d58-f79b-11ea-8000-00155d024b01_en_MTI3LjAuMC4x0AFC0AFB0AFA&locale=en

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t191709/maestro_00.jpg>
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t191709/maestro01.jpg>

Also I have copy the last file MySQLProvider.dll to the FDO directory of the
MGOS server but it didn't solved the problem.

Re: MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

Jackie Ng
For the FDO Toolbox test, try putting in a spatial filter. This is generally
of the form

GeometryProperty INTERSECTS GeomFromText('The polygon WKT of your view box')

If this fails, this is probably what MapGuide is experiencing also when
trying to render the features.

- Jackie

Re: MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

Jackie Ng
Just to add to this, is your MySQL 8 table using srid 4326?

If so then they've made a breaking change in MySQL 8 in how geographic
coordinates are meant to be interpreted (as lat/long instead of long/lat).

Ref:
https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/242001/mysql-8-st-geomfromtext-giving-error-latitude-out-of-range-in-function-st-geomfr

It could very well be that the rendering is failing because the view box
geometry we're constructing for the spatial intersection filter is
constructing the view box geometry coordinates in long/lat instead of
lat/long but only iff the table in question is using srid 4326 for its geom
column.

- Jackie

Re: MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

pcardinal
I am using EPSG 3857 (cartographic projection Pseudo Mercator for Google and
others).

The problem must be the reversal between lat and long?  MySQL is really not
build for spatial has I see and that is why QGIS and ARCGIS do not support
it out of the box.  (what a pain).

I will try to reverse the order of my coordinates.

Re: MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

pcardinal
I am sorry Jackie but the rendering problem seems to be with MGOS because I have no such problem with FDO Toolbox 1.4.0 I have no problem to display 700000 points from MySQL 8.0 (point epsg 3857) in the map of FDO Toolbox. There is no reversal of x and y (area 40 km by 25 km)

Re: MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

Jackie Ng
You need to try with a spatial filter specified like I suggested.

I'm not disputing the FDO provider's ability to read geometry data out of
MySQL (as your screenshots have proven), I'm disputing the FDO provider's
ability to properly translate a FDO spatial filter to a SQL WHERE clause in
MySQL due to the aforementioned long/lat <-> lat/long orientation change or
some other breaking change introduced with MySQL 8.0.

When you're looking at a map in MapGuide, it is always sending queries *with
spatial filters* even if you're looking at "everything".

- Jackie

Re: MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

pcardinal
No chances at all