MGCooker and tile format

Ran Mahiru

Hi, I'm using Maestro to pre-generate the tile cache but I was wondering... is there a way to control the tile image format? I'm not sure what the internals of Maestro are... I'd prefer to have my tiles be PNG8 to reduce the cache size...

Re: MGCooker and tile format

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
IIRC, MapGuide always produce 24 bit PNG files.
When you request a JPG or PNG8, MapGuide reads the PNG
and encodes it to the correct format.

So I don't think you can get MapGuide to produce PNG8 or JPG tiles.
I'm gladly corrected :)

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Ran Mahiru skrev:
> Hi, I'm using Maestro to pre-generate the tile cache but I was wondering... is there a way to control the tile image format? I'm not sure what the internals of Maestro are... I'd prefer to have my tiles be PNG8 to reduce the cache size...

Re: MGCooker and tile format

zspitzer
there is an option in serverconfig.ini for tileformat

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF
A/S<[hidden email]> wrote:

> IIRC, MapGuide always produce 24 bit PNG files.
> When you request a JPG or PNG8, MapGuide reads the PNG
> and encodes it to the correct format.
>
> So I don't think you can get MapGuide to produce PNG8 or JPG tiles.
> I'm gladly corrected :)
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> Ran Mahiru skrev:
>>
>> Hi, I'm using Maestro to pre-generate the tile cache but I was
>> wondering... is there a way to control the tile image format? I'm not sure
>> what the internals of Maestro are... I'd prefer to have my tiles be PNG8 to
>> reduce the cache size...

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: MGCooker and tile format

Nimrod Cnaan
Is there a way to alow "OPERATION=GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE&FORMAT=PNG8" for tiled maps, using mgos 2.2 ?

Re: MGCooker and tile format

zspitzer
as opposed to FORMAT=PNG ?

those urls are generated by the viewers (ajax/fusion)
you simply need to search thru the code base and
find the code which generates the url

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Nimrod Cnaan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to alow "OPERATION=GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE&FORMAT=PNG8" for
> tiled maps, using mgos 2.2 ?

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: MGCooker and tile format

Nimrod Cnaan
Hi zak,

My Q Is - Does PNG8 Support Tiled Map format in mapguide Ajax Viewer ?

Re: MGCooker and tile format

Jackie Ng
PNG8 tiles won't be transparent. It's a bug: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/743

- Jackie