MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

123

Re: MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

Armin Retterath
no - it's the servers problem - i try to test them ;-)
is one of the services authenticated ?

--
Armin Retterath

Zentrale Stelle GDI-RP
LVermGeo Rheinland-Pfalz

Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Straße 15
56073 Koblenz
Telefon 0261 492-466
Telefax 0261 492-492
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

Armin Retterath
hi lukas,

a simple solution to solve the one problem with
http://wms.zh.ch/OrthoZHWMS?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=wms is
to store the capabilities into the mapbender/http/geoportal/ folder and register
it local withfollowing path:
file:///var/www/naturschutz.com/mapbender/http/geoportal/{nameofcaps}.xml
mapbender can register local files ! ;-)
you can also update the service with a local path

to test the secured services we have to activate the owsproxy ...

regards
armin

--
Armin Retterath

Zentrale Stelle GDI-RP
LVermGeo Rheinland-Pfalz

Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Straße 15
56073 Koblenz
Telefon 0261 492-466
Telefax 0261 492-492
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

lukas.bollack
Hi Armin

Thanks for the tipp with local capabilities, now I can add them again :)

Since you can access my mapbender I can give you some specifics:

- The GUI I'm working on is called Versuchsballon, the most recent version being 0.3.0
- All the wms associated with it are working fine now, except one: swisstopo wms. This is a wms service of the swiss government providing me with aerial photographs of switzerland. This is my standard background map. Unfortunately, the service is password protected. It works fine in QGIS but it keeps having trouble in mapbender. I can send you the login credentials so you can test the service on your own server if you like. I'll change the password after we're done.

I'll make the suggested changes in proxy.conf

Re: MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

lukas.bollack
Update:

Proxy.conf now looks like this:

ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
        AddDefaultCharset off
        Order deny,allow
        #Deny from all
        Allow from all
</Proxy>

Still no luck with the secured wms

Re: MB 2.7.x: Can't save wms application settings

lukas.bollack
So we fiddled around for a while and now owsproxy works fine! Thanks a lot Armin!

In the end I had to set the proxies and their configurations inside of webmin Apache Administration. I don't know what into file they were written, but it seems that my System doesn't use some of the standard Apache configuration files.
123