LycheePy

gbazan
Hi all! I'm Gabriel.

I am currently finishing my studies, so I'd like to share with you my thesis result, which I named LycheePy. It is a distributed processing server for geospatial data, and it uses PyWPS.
Its main features are:
  • It lets you publish pre-defined processing chains through a WPS interface. From the WPS interface users perspective, they simply are processes, so they don't have to worry about their underlying complexity. They do not have to discover the available processes on the server, build the chain XML document, and send it to the server each time they want to execute it.
  • Also, it lets you automatize geospatial data publication through repositories, such as GeoServer, FTP servers, or any other kind of repository.
  • Finally, it is easy to scale. It is designed to allow the addition or removal of special "Worker" nodes, which are the ones that execute processes and provide the processing capabilities.
Here is the GitHub repo: https://github.com/gabrielbazan/lycheepy
And here you can find a WEB GUI for this server: https://github.com/gabrielbazan/lycheepy.cli

I hope you find it useful, I'd love to hear your opinions! Feel free to contribute!

Cheers,
Gabriel.

Re: LycheePy

Jachym Cepicky
Hi Gabriel,

this is great news, thank you fro sharing

Do you want you project to appear on http://pywps.org/projects/ ?

Jachym

so 9. 6. 2018 v 21:35 odesílatel Gabriel José Bazán <[hidden email]> napsal:
[...]

e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: LycheePy

gbazan
Hi Jachym,

of course! That'd be an honor!

Thank you,
Gabriel

Re: LycheePy

Jachym Cepicky
Can you please share one-two paragraphs about your project and how is using it?

Thanks

ne 10. 6. 2018 v 23:34 odesílatel Gabriel José Bazán <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Jachym,

of course! That'd be an honor!

Thank you,
Gabriel

Re: LycheePy

gbazan
Hi Jachym!

Here it goes:

"LycheePy is a distributed processing server which allows the publication of pre-defined processing chains through a WPS interface, implemented with PyWPS.
In addition, it provides direct integration with repositories (e.g. GeoServer, FTP servers, or you own integration), allowing the automatic publication of processing results."

Let me know if it is too brief. Please, take into account that this project still hasn't been used to give a solution to a real-world problem. Also, there still are important things to do to make it possible, such as organizing the repo (create a development branch, etc.), set up a CI, write unit tests, think about a strategy for releases and production-deployments, and so on. I'm currently working on some of these aspects, but the most important thing, I think, is to give it a direction course!

Thanks,

Gabriel

Re: LycheePy

gbazan