Lost the transparency after a SO Update

Andrea Peri
Hi,

After update the Linux Debian to last Burst version , and recompile gdal and mapserver, I see the mapserver was no more capable to produce png images with transparency.

I guess there is some library wrong.
I try also to set gdal to recmpile using the internal version of png but don't seem to have any result.

Any help is welcome.

Thx,

-

Re: Lost the transparency after a SO Update

Andrea Peri
Hi,

seem the issue is due to a more recent trunk of mapserver.
I try with an older trunk version and it work . The transparency is ok.

So the issue is in the last trunk.

A.

Il giorno lun 30 set 2019 alle ore 14:14 Andrea Peri <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi,

After update the Linux Debian to last Burst version , and recompile gdal and mapserver, I see the mapserver was no more capable to produce png images with transparency.

I guess there is some library wrong.
I try also to set gdal to recmpile using the internal version of png but don't seem to have any result.

Any help is welcome.

Thx,

-
-----------------
Andrea Peri
. . . . . . . . .
qwerty àèìòù
-----------------

Re: Lost the transparency after a SO Update

Seth G-2
Hi Andrea,

Do you have a cut-down Mapfile to reproduce this?
Are you using the COMPOSITE block to set OPACITY?
Setting OPACITY on the layer directly is deprecated since 7.0

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, at 2:49 PM, Andrea Peri wrote:
[...]

this is the class I use

The transparenc is used if RGBA hex.
        COLOR "#e1cc4f7f"

    CLASS
      NAME ' '
      GROUP 'avorio'
      MAXSCALEDENOM 5000000
      MINSCALEDENOM 1
      STYLE
        COLOR "#e1cc4f7f"
        ANTIALIAS false
        MAXSCALEDENOM 5000000
        MINSCALEDENOM 1
      END
      STYLE
        WIDTH 2.0
        OUTLINECOLOR "#e1cc4f"
        ANTIALIAS false
        MAXSCALEDENOM 5000000
        MINSCALEDENOM 1
      END
    END

Il giorno lun 30 set 2019 alle ore 15:31 Seth G <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

Actually that does remind me of a recent issue I had when updating from 7.2 to 7.4. I have the following diff:

        STYLE
            # add an almost fully translucent colour
            # setting the aa value to 00 in the rrggbbaa setting causes any masked layers to no
            # longer display
            COLOR "#FFFFFF01"
        END

The above no longer worked and I updated to:

        STYLE
            # add an almost fully translucent colour - if no colour then no MASK
            COLOR "#ffffff"
            OPACITY 1
        END

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Andrea Peri wrote:
[...]

The "#ffffff01" sintax was dismissed ?

The 7.4.2 docs don't report this.

  • RGBA value (adding translucence): “#rrggbbaa”. To specify a semi-translucent magenta, the following is used:

    COLOR "#FF00FFCC"

  • -------

    I try this sintax with OPACITY.

    Thx,
    A.

    Il giorno lun 30 set 2019 alle ore 17:26 Seth G <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

    Hi Seth.
    I confirm the sintax

          STYLE
            COLOR "#e1cc4f"
            OPACITY 50
            ANTIALIAS false
            MAXSCALEDENOM 5000000
            MINSCALEDENOM 1
          END

    Is working.

    The opacity is in percent (50 => 50%)

    -------

[...]

    jmckenna
    Administrator
    Besides the other tips mentioned, be always aware when upgrading that if the
    pixman library is enabled in your MapServer build, then OPACITY will fail
    (since around MapServer 7.0 release).  I hit this often when compiling on a
    new server, it's a good gotchya :)

    -jeff

    --
    Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-User-f4226646.html