Looking for help / documentation on curves

Looking for help / documentation on curves

Hi
I am wanting to use curves (arcs) for representing roadways.
I am having trouble finding documentation on curves.

My googling brings up articles like:

https://gip.itc.nl/default/node/75

and others dated around 2012.

Can someone direct me to some current tutorials or documentation on
using curves in PostGIS?

I am particularly interested in calculating radii, but would appreciate
a general article on curves..

Many thanks,

Re: Looking for help / documentation on curves

Rémi Cura
Hey,
curve support is very low in postgis.

I've wrote some basic helper functions (create arc, find arc in polyline, etc)
here https://github.com/Remi-C/PPPP_utilities/tree/master/postgis

Cheers,
Rémi-C

Hi
I am wanting to use curves (arcs) for representing roadways.
I am having trouble finding documentation on curves.

My googling brings up articles like:

https://gip.itc.nl/default/node/75

and others dated around 2012.

Can someone direct me to some current tutorials or documentation on
using curves in PostGIS?

I am particularly interested in calculating radii, but would appreciate
a general article on curves..

Many thanks,

Re: Looking for help / documentation on curves

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:22:42 +0200
Rémi Cura <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
> curve support is very low in postgis.
>
> I've wrote some basic helper functions (create arc, find arc in
> polyline, etc)
> here https://github.com/Remi-C/PPPP_utilities/tree/master/postgis
>
> Cheers,
> Rémi-C

Thankyou, I will investigate using these