Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

Michael Barton
I ve updated I.pansharpen to handle imagery from 2-30 bit pixel depth and would like to test it before committing it. Does anyone have high bit depth imagery with a high resolution pan channel?  If anyone would like to test this, let me know.

Thanks
Michael

Michael Barton
School of Human Evolution &Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

...Sent from my iPad
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

Markus Neteler
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:19 PM Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I ve updated I.pansharpen to handle imagery from 2-30 bit pixel depth and would like to test it before committing it. Does anyone have high bit depth imagery with a high resolution pan channel?  If anyone would like to test this, let me know.

Here you can get Pléiades Primary Product - Bundle sample data:
https://www.intelligence-airbusds.com/en/8262-sample-imagery

Location: Melbourne, Australia
File format: JPEG 2000 12 bits - Regular compression
Resolution: 0.5m PAN + 2m MS
Spectral mode: Bundle (0.5m PAN + 2m MS 4 bands)
Pre-processing level: Primary
Date: 02/25/2012

Best
Markus


--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

Michael Barton
So I downloaded this. What do I do with it? I have gdal 2.3.3 but it doesn't list DIMAP or Spot as a format it recognizes.

Michael
____________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity 
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)















On Mar 11, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:19 PM Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:

I ve updated I.pansharpen to handle imagery from 2-30 bit pixel depth and would like to test it before committing it. Does anyone have high bit depth imagery with a high resolution pan channel?  If anyone would like to test this, let me know.

Here you can get Pléiades Primary Product - Bundle sample data:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.intelligence-2Dairbusds.com_en_8262-2Dsample-2Dimagery&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=luugHIFA1mecwd_YENgHazPRjZnPFSF1B6_iVRqa7ps&e=

Location: Melbourne, Australia
File format: JPEG 2000 12 bits - Regular compression
Resolution: 0.5m PAN + 2m MS
Spectral mode: Bundle (0.5m PAN + 2m MS 4 bands)
Pre-processing level: Primary
Date: 02/25/2012

Best
Markus


--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mundialis.de&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=laS9ldQFLND_77WKDdKkloY94RYDNPt3UKEJ1cmEskU&e= - free data with free software
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__grass.osgeo.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=wIl17Vxhkm-Tu5z4PIiIuuxVR-ZwwjQXO_xTiAOJvww&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__courses.neteler.org_blog&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=wOPKJkaDBFHrLpEcDO28fDlnlAXcl7jK9DBT9tBONz0&e=


_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

Markus Neteler
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So I downloaded this. What do I do with it? I have gdal 2.3.3 but it doesn't list DIMAP or Spot as a format it recognizes.

https://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#DIMAP
"This is a read-only read for Spot DIMAP described images. To use,
select the METADATA.DIM file in a product directory, or the product
directory itself."

If that doesn't work, please report it to GDAL.

Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

Michael Barton
Thanks Markus,

But I think this is only in gdal 2.5 and above. I don't have 2.5 yet because of its heavy dependency requirements, as others have mentioned. 

While I can read the files as jpeg2000, I can't get GRASS to recognize the georeferencing. 

Do you know of anyplace else I can get files that I can easily test this with? Geotifs would be nice. 

Michael
____________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity 
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)















On Mar 12, 2019, at 12:11 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:

So I downloaded this. What do I do with it? I have gdal 2.3.3 but it doesn't list DIMAP or Spot as a format it recognizes.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gdal.org_frmt-5Fvarious.html-23DIMAP&d=DwIBaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=Tx9ATk0SJF13_lzzP_Y_JF1WYIe9K_hqOr1PQk2us10&s=DNOE_BJBnZWo_A56HkVegtM9kor1wHC_zCOUVRrB4_k&e=
"This is a read-only read for Spot DIMAP described images. To use,
select the METADATA.DIM file in a product directory, or the product
directory itself."

If that doesn't work, please report it to GDAL.

Markus


_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

Markus Metz-3
In reply to this post by Michael Barton


On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:09 PM Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So I downloaded this. What do I do with it? I have gdal 2.3.3 but it doesn't list DIMAP or Spot as a format it recognizes.

This is strange because DIMAP has been available in GDAL since before 1.6.0, and the driver is compiled by default.

Markus M
>

> Michael
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
> Arizona State University
>
> voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mar 11, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:19 PM Michael Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> I ve updated I.pansharpen to handle imagery from 2-30 bit pixel depth and would like to test it before committing it. Does anyone have high bit depth imagery with a high resolution pan channel?  If anyone would like to test this, let me know.
>
>
> Here you can get Pléiades Primary Product - Bundle sample data:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.intelligence-2Dairbusds.com_en_8262-2Dsample-2Dimagery&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=luugHIFA1mecwd_YENgHazPRjZnPFSF1B6_iVRqa7ps&e=
>
> Location: Melbourne, Australia
> File format: JPEG 2000 12 bits - Regular compression
> Resolution: 0.5m PAN + 2m MS
> Spectral mode: Bundle (0.5m PAN + 2m MS 4 bands)
> Pre-processing level: Primary
> Date: 02/25/2012
>
> Best
> Markus
>
>
> --
> Markus Neteler, PhD
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mundialis.de&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=laS9ldQFLND_77WKDdKkloY94RYDNPt3UKEJ1cmEskU&e= - free data with free software
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__grass.osgeo.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=wIl17Vxhkm-Tu5z4PIiIuuxVR-ZwwjQXO_xTiAOJvww&e=
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__courses.neteler.org_blog&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=XyhXx0qAm4mxBzyNQRb5mCnDxQ6dJGvHia8elSHpBVk&s=wOPKJkaDBFHrLpEcDO28fDlnlAXcl7jK9DBT9tBONz0&e=
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for >8 bit satellite imagery to test

NikosAlexandris
In reply to this post by Michael Barton
* Michael Barton <[hidden email]> [2019-03-11 19:08:17 +0000]:

>I ve updated I.pansharpen to handle imagery from 2-30 bit pixel depth
>and would like to test it before committing it. Does anyone have high
>bit depth imagery with a high resolution pan channel?  If anyone would
>like to test this, let me know.

Michael,

Landsat-8 products are delivered as 16-bit.

Nikos
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev