Logout of the application while user closes the browesr

Logout of the application while user closes the browesr

toni_schoenbuchner
Hi Naresh,

I´m not much familiar with the login system of geonode but as it´s
based on django you could give

SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE = True

in your settings a try.
Read more here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/topics/http/sessions/#browser-length-sessions-vs-persistent-sessions

Best,

Toni

CSGIS

Kolonnadenstraße 1
04109 Leipzig
Mobil +49/ (0) 176 6680 3198
Tel  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 738
Fax  +49/ (0) 341 24 04 73

Hinweis gemäß § 33 BDSG
Daten der Verfahrensbeteiligten werden gespeichert. Dieses Dokument ist ausschließlich für den
Adressaten bestimmt. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
erhalten haben, rufen Sie uns unter obiger Rufnummer umgehend an und löschen Sie diese Nachricht
von Ihrem Computer. Jegliche Art von Reproduktionen, Verbreitung, Vervielfältigung, Veränderung,
Verteilung und/oder Veröffentlichung dieser E-Mail ist verboten.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Betreff: geonode-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 73
Datum: 19. Juli 2017 um 06:10:54 MESZ
Antwort an: [hidden email]

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:40:51 +0530
From: Naresh N <[hidden email]>
To: "geonode-users lists.osgeo.org" <[hidden email]>,
Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]>,  Alessio Fabiani
<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [GeoNode-users] Logout of the application while user
closes the browesr

Dear Simone,
Kindly suggest for my post.

Thanks&Regards,
Naresh

Re: Logout of the application while user closes the browesr

naresh
Dear Toni,
 Thanks for the response. I have included in GeoNode settings.py and localsettings.py, but it is not working, I mean on close of the browser session is not removed.

 Is there any work around

Thanks&Regards,
Naresh

[...]

make sure that you do not run into that issue:

Some browsers (Chrome, for example) provide settings that allow users to continue browsing sessions after closing and re-opening the browser. In some cases, this can interfere with the SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE setting and prevent sessions from expiring on browser close. Please be aware of this while testing Django applications which have the SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE setting enabled.

And that you realy close the browser:

From what the docs say this setting should do exactly what you need.
If not you might propably implement something that fits your needs.

Unfortunately I´m still on travel and cannot have a look at a geonode
installation. All I can currently do for you… find here some resources which suggest implementations.

cheers,

Am 19.07.2017 um 09:41 schrieb Naresh N <[hidden email]>:

[...]

  Thanks for the quick response. I am going through the links and will try

Best Regards,
Naresh. N

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Toni Schönbuchner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Naresh,

make sure that you do not run into that issue:

Some browsers (Chrome, for example) provide settings that allow users to continue browsing sessions after closing and re-opening the browser. In some cases, this can interfere with the SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE setting and prevent sessions from expiring on browser close. Please be aware of this while testing Django applications which have the SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE setting enabled.

And that you realy close the browser:

From what the docs say this setting should do exactly what you need.