Location of dev instructions README.md or Developers Manual?

Location of dev instructions README.md or Developers Manual?

jody.garnett
Location of developer build documentation instructions is where? So the we have:
core-geonetwork repo is moving developer build instructions from RST --> README
- doc repo sphinx build instructions is changing from README --> RST

If I want to update documentation where does it go?

core-geonetwork README.md
The generic guidance here indicates developers guide is being retired and content moved to README.md files in the repository. I am fine with that ...

Developer documentation is also in the docs submodule but is being migrated out of that project into the Readme files in each module in the project. General documentation for the project as a whole is in this Readme and module specific documentation can be found in each module (assuming there is module specific documentation required).

Manual README.md
Looking at the build instructions for the user manual:
- 34193c9a (submodule from master) README.md - says to check the writing documentation guide (from 3.8.x)
- The manual readme.md for 3.8.x has the full text...

--
Jody Garnett

Re: Location of dev instructions README.md or Developers Manual?

jody.garnett
I kind of like having README.md files next to the code that is being built for developers.

But yes I love sphinx for user docs :)
--
Jody Garnett