Haynes, Scott R

I’m trying to load a set of 15m ad 5m imagery.  I successfully load a single tfw and tif file, but I have a folder structure of over 500 sets of the two files.  I’ve looked through the documentation a couple of times and even tried searching the geosolutions training docs.  I just can’t find how to add a collection of files as apposed to a single file.  Do I need to build a DB of the files and then add the DB reference?  If I’ve missed the documentation that describes how to do this then please let me know.

TIA, Scott

Re: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

bradh

Are you trying to make a single layer that has all of those images put together? If so, you probably want to start at http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/raster/imagemosaic/index.html

If you want to create a lot of layers (one per file) then you probably want to use some kind of automation, like the REST API:

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/rest/api/index.html

HTH

Brad

I’m trying to load a set of 15m ad 5m imagery.  I successfully load a single tfw and tif file, but I have a folder structure of over 500 sets of the two files.  I’ve looked through the documentation a couple of times and even tried searching the geosolutions training docs.  I just can’t find how to add a collection of files as apposed to a single file.  Do I need to build a DB of the files and then add the DB reference?  If I’ve missed the documentation that describes how to do this then please let me know.

TIA, Scott

Re: EXTERNAL: RE: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

Haynes, Scott R

I need to server out the data to Cesium, so the single layer option would be in the intended use.  I’ve seen several mentions of using the follow imagery provider in Cesium along with geoserver.  I just can’t find any reference on how to add the data to geoserver.  ImageMosaic does seem like the best option.

https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Build/Documentation/WebMapServiceImageryProvider.html?classFilter=web

After trying to load the data into the ImageMosaic, I get the following error(in the process a dbf, fix, prj, properties, shp, shx files are created.  There’s also a sample_image.dat file):

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Method onRequest of interface org.apache.wicket.behavior.IBehaviorListener targeted at org.apache.wicket.ajax.markup.html.AjaxLink$1@13a5b7d9 on component [AjaxLink [Component id = link]] threw an exception

      at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.internalInvoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:268)

      at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:241)

      at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.invokeListener(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:248)

      at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:234)

      at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:895)

      at org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)

      at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:265)

      at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:222)

      at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:293)

      at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequestCycle(WicketFilter.java:261)

      at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:203)

      at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:137)

I’ve tried just adding a subset of the imagery(just the 5m data, and even a single folder of the 5m and get the same results)

I’m checking through the imageMosaic documentation now, but if anyone has any ideas.  The properties and prj file seem to have some definitions that aren’t correct, but I’m really not sure what the values should be.

Scott

hawaii.prj (222 bytes) Download Attachment
hawaii.properties (542 bytes) Download Attachment

I’m trying to load a set of 15m ad 5m imagery.  I successfully load a single tfw and tif file, but I have a folder structure of over 500 sets of the two files.  I’ve looked through the documentation a couple of times and even tried searching the geosolutions training docs.  I just can’t find how to add a collection of files as apposed to a single file.  Do I need to build a DB of the files and then add the DB reference?  If I’ve missed the documentation that describes how to do this then please let me know.

TIA, Scott

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: EXTERNAL: RE: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

Haynes, Scott R

These data files have been used in several other applications(data servers) without any issues.  I’m guessing that our severely locked down machines for security has something to do with this error.  What builds the dbf, fix, prj, properties, shp, and shx files?  If PostgreSQL and/or PostGIS get involved with the creation of the files, then that might be the problem.  I was just try to check my PostgreSQL installation, and that seems ok.  The PostGIS integration doesn’t appear correct though.  I’m unable to follow these instructions:

https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/installing-and-setting-up-postgresql-with-postgis/

Scott

[...]

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Method onRequest of interface org.apache.wicket.behavior.IBehaviorListener targeted at [hidden email] on component [AjaxLink [Component id = link]] threw an exception

[...]

I would have suggested reading the documentation first.

I need to server out the data to Cesium, so the single layer option would be in the intended use.  I’ve seen several mentions of using the follow imagery provider in Cesium along with geoserver.  I just can’t find any reference on how to add the data to geoserver.  ImageMosaic does seem like the best option.

….

I’m checking through the imageMosaic documentation now, but if anyone has any ideas.

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: EXTERNAL: RE: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

Simone Giannecchini
Ciao Scott,
two things:

-1- you need to send a larger portion of the log as this is showing the topmost report which is usually not the most interesting
- the imagemosaic scans a  directory and create a single layer that should mosaic whatever is found in this directory (this is a simplification, but you get the point). By default the mosaic builds an index by creating a shapefile in the directory where it has been pointed to hence we need write permission to do that

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:58 PM Haynes, Scott R <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I’ve included the full log below.

Are there any assumptions about the 5m and the 15m imagery covering the same areas of the globe?  In this case all of the imagery is for the Hawaii islands.  The 15m covers all of the entire islands, Hawaii as a whole.  The 5m only covers one of the islands.

Thanks,

Scott

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Method onRequest of interface org.apache.wicket.behavior.IBehaviorListener targeted at org.apache.wicket.ajax.markup.html.AjaxLink$1@4887b89a on component [AjaxLink [Component id = link]] threw an exception

[...]

     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)

     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.ServletWrappingController.handleRequestInternal(ServletWrappingController.java:157)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:174)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:50)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:963)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:897)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:970)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:861)

     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)

     at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:846)

     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:808)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)

     at org.geoserver.filters.ThreadLocalsCleanupFilter.doFilter(ThreadLocalsCleanupFilter.java:28)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.filters.SpringDelegatingFilter$Chain.doFilter(SpringDelegatingFilter.java:75)

     at org.geoserver.wms.animate.AnimatorFilter.doFilter(AnimatorFilter.java:71)

     at org.geoserver.filters.SpringDelegatingFilter$Chain.doFilter(SpringDelegatingFilter.java:71)

     at org.geoserver.filters.SpringDelegatingFilter.doFilter(SpringDelegatingFilter.java:46)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.platform.AdvancedDispatchFilter.doFilter(AdvancedDispatchFilter.java:50)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:316)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:69)

     at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:126)

     at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:90)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:73)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:92)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:69)

     at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:114)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:73)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:92)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GeoServerAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:54)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:69)

     at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:205)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:73)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:92)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerUserNamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GeoServerUserNamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.java:116)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:69)

     at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:157)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:73)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:92)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:69)

     at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:91)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerSecurityContextPersistenceFilter$1.doFilter(GeoServerSecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:53)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:73)

     at org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:92)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:213)

     at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:176)

     at org.geoserver.security.GeoServerSecurityFilterChainProxy.doFilter(GeoServerSecurityFilterChainProxy.java:152)

     at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)

     at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.filters.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:88)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.filters.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilter(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:89)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.filters.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:42)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.filters.SessionDebugFilter.doFilter(SessionDebugFilter.java:48)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.geoserver.filters.FlushSafeFilter.doFilter(FlushSafeFilter.java:44)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:197)

     at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)

     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)

     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor229.invoke(Unknown Source)

     at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.internalInvoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:258)

     ... 103 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error occurred while building the resources for the configuration page

     at org.geoserver.web.data.layer.NewLayerPage.buildLayerInfo(NewLayerPage.java:411)

     at org.geoserver.web.data.layer.NewLayerPage$9.onClick(NewLayerPage.java:301)

     at org.geoserver.web.wicket.SimpleAjaxLink$1.onClick(SimpleAjaxLink.java:47)

     at org.apache.wicket.ajax.markup.html.AjaxLink$1.onEvent(AjaxLink.java:85)

     at org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.respond(AjaxEventBehavior.java:155)

     at org.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.onRequest(AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.java:601)

     ... 107 more

Caused by: org.opengis.referencing.operation.TransformException: Can't transform envelope.

     at org.geotools.referencing.CRS.transform(CRS.java:1247)

     at org.geoserver.data.util.CoverageStoreUtils.getWGS84LonLatEnvelope(CoverageStoreUtils.java:306)

     at org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogBuilder.buildCoverageInternal(CatalogBuilder.java:1051)

     at org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogBuilder.buildCoverage(CatalogBuilder.java:1001)

     at org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogBuilder.buildCoverage(CatalogBuilder.java:961)

     at org.geoserver.web.data.layer.NewLayerPage.buildLayerInfo(NewLayerPage.java:398)

     ... 112 more

Caused by: org.opengis.referencing.operation.OperationNotFoundException: No transformation available from system "EngineeringCRS[Wildcard 2D cartesian plane in metric unit]" to "GeographicCRS[WGS84(DD)]".

     at org.geotools.referencing.operation.DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperation(DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java:389)

     at org.geotools.referencing.operation.BufferedCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperation(BufferedCoordinateOperationFactory.java:258)

     at org.geotools.referencing.CRS.transform(CRS.java:1245)

     ... 117 more

I’m trying to load a set of 15m ad 5m imagery.  I successfully load a single tfw and tif file, but I have a folder structure of over 500 sets of the two files.  I’ve looked through the documentation a couple of times and even tried searching the geosolutions training docs.  I just can’t find how to add a collection of files as apposed to a single file.  Do I need to build a DB of the files and then add the DB reference?  If I’ve missed the documentation that describes how to do this then please let me know.

TIA, Scott

Re: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

Haynes, Scott R

I got a subset of the 5M imagery to publish, although the imagery has some issues(mostly edge cases).  Maybe I should try the nightly build as someone had previously mentioned, although I may have issues installing a newer version.  Oh security…

Is the nightly build created from the master branch on github?

Thanks,

Scot

I’m trying to load a set of 15m ad 5m imagery.  I successfully load a single tfw and tif file, but I have a folder structure of over 500 sets of the two files.  I’ve looked through the documentation a couple of times and even tried searching the geosolutions training docs.  I just can’t find how to add a collection of files as apposed to a single file.  Do I need to build a DB of the files and then add the DB reference?  If I’ve missed the documentation that describes how to do this then please let me know.

TIA, Scott

Re: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

geowolf
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Haynes, Scott R <[hidden email]> wrote:

I got a subset of the 5M imagery to publish, although the imagery has some issues(mostly edge cases).  Maybe I should try the nightly build as someone had previously mentioned, although I may have issues installing a newer version.  Oh security…

Is the nightly build created from the master branch on github?

Cheers
Andrea

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Loading a folder of tfw and tif files

bradh

Possibly the edge cases can be helped by setting a NODATA value. Its somewhat difficult to say from your description when we don’t have access to the data.

Brad