Harikumar Muralee
Hi,

Iam a beginner in OpenLayers.All I want is to display some shapefiles on web
as a Asp.net web application.Requirements are
Need to show multiple layers and on click of each layer,need to display its
details.
My input is a set of shapefiles.Please guide me in detail how to accomplish
these.

If I am using OpenLayers.Layer.WMS,from where I can get the relevant maps.My
application is
for displaying maps of small cities and towns.

Thanks in Advance
Hari

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the addressee, do not take any action on the contents
and any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or
use of this communication is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be
transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. ii-2 Technologies accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Loading Shapefiles

Alexandre Dubé
Hi Hari,

   Please, use the 'Users' mailing list.  This one is more
development-oriented and has topics such as new features, bug fixes and
other dev-oriented discussions.  Yours is more about how to use the
software.

   You need server that sits in front of your shapefiles that OpenLayers
can then query for it to return map images.  This is called a Web Map
Service [WMS].  There's plenty of OpenSource softwares that provides WMS
support, such as [GeoServer], [MapServer], and more.  Each has their own
documentations, examples, tutorials and users mailing lists, so feel
free to ask questions there.

HTH,

Alexandre

[WMS] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Map_Service
[GeoServer] http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Welcome
[MapServer] http://www.mapserver.org/

On 12-08-22 08:37 AM, Harikumar Muralee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iam a beginner in OpenLayers.All I want is to display some shapefiles on web
> as a Asp.net web application.Requirements are
> Need to show multiple layers and on click of each layer,need to display its
> details.
> My input is a set of shapefiles.Please guide me in detail how to accomplish
> these.
>
> If I am using OpenLayers.Layer.WMS,from where I can get the relevant maps.My
> application is
> for displaying maps of small cities and towns.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Hari
>

> THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
> it is addressed. If you are not the addressee, do not take any action on the contents
> and any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or
> use of this communication is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be
> transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
> the presence of viruses. ii-2 Technologies accepts no liability for any damage caused
> by any virus transmitted by this email.

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com