LoI's on RfP 2020 - Question period until 12th of October

LoI's on RfP 2020 - Question period until 12th of October

Till Adams-3
Dear Conference Committee,

It's great to see how huge the interest is to host a FOSS4G. We've
received three (!!) LoI's for hosting FOSS4G 2020. Right now it is safe
to say, that FOSS4G 2020 is likely to be held in Canada, as all three
LoI's come from Canadadian teams.

The LoI's are linked here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2020_Bid_Process

Please have a look at the LoI and ask questions to the teams on this
list. Make sure, that your email is also directly adressed to the people
of the team, you are asking. The question period ends on *October 12th*.

If not directly through you, I will post the questions with the name of
the questioner in the WIKI.

Many greetings and have fun reading!

I am very curious, Till

Re: LoI's on RfP 2020 - Question period until 12th of October

stevenfeldman
Calgary, Halifax and Niagara

Thank you for your letters of interest. It is fantastic that we have three great teams proposing to host FOSS4G2020

Some questions from me:

  1. Niagara and Halifax your proposed dates are 14-19 September. These dates overlap with the start of the jewish festivals on the evening of the 18th which may prevent some potential delegates from attending. Is there any potential to change?
  2. Niagara - you say "The Niagara Falls LOC has budgeted a similar registration fee schedule as Boston 2017 and estimates a modest profit” there has been a lot of discussion about making FOSS4G more affordable, do you have any thoughts on this?
  3. Calgary -  "early bird registration will be approximately $650.00 US while regular conference fee would be $800.00 US” there has been a lot of discussion about making FOSS4G more affordable, do you have any thoughts on this?

May the FOSS be with you all
______
Steven

On 7 Oct 2018, at 07:10, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Conference Committee,

It's great to see how huge the interest is to host a FOSS4G. We've
received three (!!) LoI's for hosting FOSS4G 2020. Right now it is safe
to say, that FOSS4G 2020 is likely to be held in Canada, as all three
LoI's come from Canadadian teams.

The LoI's are linked here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2020_Bid_Process

Please have a look at the LoI and ask questions to the teams on this
list. Make sure, that your email is also directly adressed to the people
of the team, you are asking. The question period ends on *October 12th*.

If not directly through you, I will post the questions with the name of
the questioner in the WIKI.

Many greetings and have fun reading!

I am very curious, Till

Re: LoI's on RfP 2020 - Question period until 12th of October

Mark Iliffe-2
Dear Prospective FOSS4G Chairs,

Firstly, congratulations on starting your journey to host the global FOSS4G, you and your prospective LOCs should be very proud!

After reviewing the LoIs, two questions spring out to me: 1. What is the mission of your respective FOSS4G?; 2. What is your commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and ensuring that FOSS4G 2020 is as inclusive and as diverse as possible?

Thank you,

Mark