Lists in order of support

Ravi Kumar
We have a good collection of Open GIS Software, thanks to OSGeo.
Do we have a comparison, of efficiency of their Lists and Discussion forums.

I find GRASS, at the top of quick and clear replies, followed by PostGIS , Qgis.
Do we have a mention any where about 'Which Open GIS is where, Say, on a scale of 1 to 10', when it comes to efficiency and
time taken for replies. This might help in some introspection.

Ravi

Re: Lists in order of support

jody.garnett
You are welcome to create your own comparison list; or add to some of the others already available.

The foundation is more concerned with promoting and improving the projects; and not so much on judging them :-)

The incubation process does cover couple basics (open source license, some kind of open development model, can the code be distributed etc...).

--
Jody Garnett

On Tuesday, 13 December 2011 at 12:47 PM, Ravi wrote:

We have a good collection of Open GIS Software, thanks to OSGeo.
Do we have a comparison, of efficiency of their Lists and Discussion forums.

I find GRASS, at the top of quick and clear replies, followed by PostGIS , Qgis.
Do we have a mention any where about 'Which Open GIS is where, Say, on a scale of 1 to 10', when it comes to efficiency and
time taken for replies. This might help in some introspection.

Ravi

Re: Lists in order of support

Ravi Kumar-2
The foundation is more concerned with promoting and improving the projects; and not so much on judging them :-)

I address this to common listers, who choose from the available menu at OSGeo site.. Many may not be code developers but, general users..