List translation

Tomas Straupis
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hello

  There are a number of "list" items for translation. Like:
  * points,vertex,vertices (Context ExtractSpecificNodes)
  * create,interpolate,points,lines,regular,distance,by (Context
PointsAlongGeometry)
  * points,create,values,attributes (Context PointsLayerFromTable)

  Where do these come from and do they have to be actually translated?
Or should source be copied as "translation"?

--
Tomas

Re: List translation

skampus
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Ciao,
In italian we leave them untranslated in the same format.
I don't know exactly where they are in qgis gui.

Stefano

Il 21/Feb/2018 12:55 PM, "Tomas Straupis" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hello

  There are a number of "list" items for translation. Like:
  * points,vertex,vertices (Context ExtractSpecificNodes)
  * create,interpolate,points,lines,regular,distance,by (Context
PointsAlongGeometry)
  * points,create,values,attributes (Context PointsLayerFromTable)

  Where do these come from and do they have to be actually translated?
Or should source be copied as "translation"?

--
Tomas

Re: List translation

DelazJ
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi,

They are tags used to search algorithms in the toolbox, so not visible in gui.

HTH,
Harrissou

[...]

Ari Jolma-2

On 21.02.2018 14:31, DelazJ wrote:

Hi,

They are tags used to search algorithms in the toolbox, so not visible in gui.

So should they be translated, or maybe extended with (in my case) Finnish translations?

Ari

HTH,
Harrissou

[...]

Jürgen E. Fischer
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi Stefano,

On Wed, 21. Feb 2018 at 13:13:21 +0100, Stefano Campus wrote:
> In italian we leave them untranslated in the same format.
> I don't know exactly where they are in qgis gui.

Categories for processing I think - I don't translate them in German either.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: List translation

Tomas Straupis
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Thank you.
This means lists can be either left as is, or aggregated with
localised translations if it is believed that some local terms could
be used to find original English terms.