List move question...

Steve Lime
Hi guys: What happens to messages to the old lists in this interim where both sets of lists are active? Are they gone or is
there a plan to capture them? For mapserver-users it looks like much of the traffic is migrated already but there are still
a significant number of posts going through the UMN servers.

Steve

Re: List move question...

Frank Warmerdam
Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi guys: What happens to messages to the old lists in this interim where both sets of lists are active? Are they gone or is
> there a plan to capture them? For mapserver-users it looks like much of the traffic is migrated already but there are still
> a significant number of posts going through the UMN servers.

Steve,

There is currently no effort to capture that traffic.  In my humble opinion
we should disable the old lists fairly quickly to encourage/force movement
to the new lists.  If someone wanted to capture all the more recent messages
from the old list in mbox format and provide it to me, I can import it into
the master archive but I'm not convinced that is worth the trouble.