Link to Spyder IDE on GRASS site ~5+ Years Out of Date

Link to Spyder IDE on GRASS site ~5+ Years Out of Date

C.A.M. Gerlach
Hello GRASS web team,

Thanks for creating such a powerful piece of software (that I currently use through QGIS), and (as a member of its core dev team) for your kind recommendation of Spyder as a great IDE to use with it on your Get Involved page. Spyder has improved by leaps and bounds since then, and has become the preeminent full IDE for scientific computing and data analysis with Python, so hopefully you will still consider it a good choice for your users. However, the link you provide on that page, to our old Google code page, could use being updated, since we haven't used Google Code in ~5+ years and the service was discontinued and archived not long after. Therefore, could you please update it to point to our new website? Thanks!

Best,
CAM

C.A.M. Gerlach

Re: Link to Spyder IDE on GRASS site ~5+ Years Out of Date

Markus Neteler
Hi CAM,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 12:11 AM, C.A.M. Gerlach
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello GRASS web team,
>
> Thanks for creating such a powerful piece of software (that I currently use
> through QGIS), and (as a member of its core dev team) for your kind
> recommendation of Spyder as a great IDE to use with it on your Get Involved
> page. Spyder has improved by leaps and bounds since then, and has become the
> preeminent full IDE for scientific computing and data analysis with Python,
> so hopefully you will still consider it a good choice for your users.
> However, the link you provide on that page, to our old Google code page,
> could use being updated, since we haven't used Google Code in ~5+ years and
> the service was discontinued and archived not long after. Therefore, could
> you please update it to point to our new website? Thanks!

Sure - good catch! We have so many links to track and this update
slipped through... sorry.

Now also fixed in our Wiki.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software

Re: Link to Spyder IDE on GRASS site ~5+ Years Out of Date

C.A.M. Gerlach
Thanks so much!

Best,
CAM