Link to NTF info?

Ben Discoe
On the page:
        http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_ntf.html
the link "General UK NTF Information" points to:
        http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/ntf/index.html
Which doesn't seem to be there.

I'm reading elevation grids from NTF using OGR.  It is a bit strange to use
OGR for rasters, but OGR is the one with NTF support.  It works great but i
am wondering if the elevation inside an NTF is always integer or not.  OGR
returns all values as doubles, but in the NTF files i've seen, the values
are always whole numbers.

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Link to NTF info?

Frank Warmerdam
On 9/24/05, Ben Discoe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On the page:
>         http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_ntf.html
> the link "General UK NTF Information" points to:
>         http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/ntf/index.html
> Which doesn't seem to be there.

Ben,

Fixed.  It should now be:

  http://home.gdal.org/projects/ntf/index.html

> I'm reading elevation grids from NTF using OGR.  It is a bit strange to use
> OGR for rasters, but OGR is the one with NTF support.  It works great but i
> am wondering if the elevation inside an NTF is always integer or not.  OGR
> returns all values as doubles, but in the NTF files i've seen, the values
> are always whole numbers.

The format supports non-integer values (integer in the file,
but with a scale and offset), but I'm not sure if distributed
datasets have non-integer values or not.

NTF DEM support is in OGR because the client (Safe
Software) at that time wanted to represent DEMs as
alot of point features.