Limit namespaces in a WFS response to the ones required by the schema

Limit namespaces in a WFS response to the ones required by the schema

Henning Lorenz
Geoserver 2.15.0

Hello,
Is it possible to limit the listed namespaces in a WFS response produced
by geoserver to the ones required by the schema?

Setting:
In the concerned geoserver installation, the data/workspaces directory
contains workspace directories of different purpose:
a) one workspace directory that provides WFS layers via app-schema
plugin, i.e. represents the primary namespace
b) a number of workspace directories with the sole purpose of providing
the namespaces required by the schema of a)
c) a number of workspace directory that are not related to a) and b),
e.g. host WMS layers.

Problem:
The WFS response on a request for a) contains a list of a) + b) + c) in
the xmlns section:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wfs:FeatureCollection
  xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0"
  xmlns - a)
  xmlns - all of b)
  xmlns - all of c)

Is there a way to get rid of the unrelated and unwanted workspaces (i.e.
c) ) in the xmlns list? I.e. that the WFS response only contains the
namespaces required by the schema and not the entire list of workspaces
in the geoserver installation?

Many thanks for any advice,

Henning

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Limit namespaces in a WFS response to the ones required by the schema

geowolf
Hi,
I'm afraid not, it's not possible right now. With a code change it should be possible, for simple features it should not be
too hard, for complex features, pretty hard (one would have to figure out which namespaces are actually used inside the complex model,
which is an information available, but not easy to get out).

Cheers
Andrea

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM Henning Lorenz <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Andrea.

If it is not easy to get the used namespaces from the application, a
different solution would be to restrict the namespaces in the WFS
response to the ones declared in the namespaces tag of app-schema
mapping file. Then its up to user to get it right - which is required in
any case if the WFS response should validate against the schema. But I
understand that this is presently not an option and way beyond what I
could achieve. So I'll look into setting up a second geoserver to
separate the namespaces.

Best,

Henning

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 10:15 AM Henning Lorenz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Andrea.

If it is not easy to get the used namespaces from the application, a
different solution would be to restrict the namespaces in the WFS
response to the ones declared in the namespaces tag of app-schema
mapping file.

A possible direction, but the XML encoder does not even know what app-schema is, those
two parts in GeoServer are layered, separated by interfaces, and don't know about each other:
the encoder does not know what store is producing the features, and the store in question
is wrapped a few times for security, filtering and the like, while app-schema is producing features
without knowing anything about its consumer, could be anything, the rendering subsystem,
XML encoding, GeoJSON encoding, and so on.

One would have to build some mechanism to advertise the information without having a
specific app-schema recognition. Hence, the "doable but not easy" part.

Cheers
Andrea

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.