Limit Size Of Polygons

Lena Pahl-3
Hello!
I don't know if my problem is related to GeoServer or Geotools so I'm posting this to both lists...
Is there a known limitation to the number of nodes/points that a multipolygon can have? I was wondering - because sometimes when I insert features with large geometries into ArcSDE using GeoServer those features cannot be deleted anymore. Querying works fine though..
Did anybody have that experience? How many points can a multipolygon/polygon have anyways?
Any help is highly apreciated... Thanks!
Regards,
Lena

Re: Limit Size Of Polygons

Justin Deoliveira-3
I would think the only limit is memory, it could be that your polygon
has so many coordinates that you are running out of memory. Do you have
any idea of how many coordinates your polygon has?

Lena Pahl wrote:

> Hello!
> I don't know if my problem is related to GeoServer or Geotools so I'm posting this to both lists...
> Is there a known limitation to the number of nodes/points that a multipolygon can have? I was wondering - because sometimes when I insert features with large geometries into ArcSDE using GeoServer those features cannot be deleted anymore. Querying works fine though..
> Did anybody have that experience? How many points can a multipolygon/polygon have anyways?
> Any help is highly apreciated... Thanks!
> Regards,
> Lena

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Re: [Geotools-gt2-users] Re: Limit Size Of Polygons

David Zwiers-2
Deletes from SDE can / should be Fid based (SDE has a strong fid framework), so memory shouldn't be an issue.

DZ

Lena Pahl wrote:

> Hello!
> I don't know if my problem is related to GeoServer or Geotools so I'm posting this to both lists...
> Is there a known limitation to the number of nodes/points that a multipolygon can have? I was wondering - because sometimes when I insert features with large geometries into ArcSDE using GeoServer those features cannot be deleted anymore. Querying works fine though..
> Did anybody have that experience? How many points can a multipolygon/polygon have anyways?
> Any help is highly apreciated... Thanks!
> Regards,
> Lena

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project