Licensing

Ravi Kumar
Wish to know does this violate licensing.
Qgis is just as an example, it can be Grass or Ossim or any other Open GIS as well

Example: I love Qgis and I have added some code to Qgis as a C++ programmer, thus giving the necessary customization for my specific client. I compile it and distribute the Executable, as part of my package deal.
Does this violate any license of Qgis.

Ravi Kumar

      Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here. http://in.yahoo.com/trynew

Re: Licensing

pcav

IFAIK, yes: if you distribute the executables, you have to distribute also
the source, for all GPL programs.
All the best.

--
http://faunalia.it/pc

AW: Licensing

Hugentobler  Marco

Hi

I'm not so sure. Because if the company only uses your code inhouse, the GNU project says:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic

Afaik there is only a problem if the company tries to sell commercial licenses of your code. But I'm not a lawyer, so feel free to correct me.

Regards,
Marco

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----