[Liblas-devel] reading shapefile within liblas

[Liblas-devel] reading shapefile within liblas

oifii
Hi All,

I successfully compiled liblas with HAVE_GDAL and successfully ran
las2ogr.cpp

Now, on addition to that, I want to integrate code that will read a
shapefile.

Is there a demo for reading shapefile within liblas gdal/ogr?

Steph

Re: [Liblas-devel] reading shapefile within liblas

Mateusz Loskot
On 14 March 2017 at 07:17, Stephane Poirier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I successfully compiled liblas with HAVE_GDAL and successfully ran
> las2ogr.cpp
>
> Now, on addition to that, I want to integrate code that will read a
> shapefile.
>
> Is there a demo for reading shapefile within liblas gdal/ogr?

las2ogr is a very primitive utility with merely 4-5 parameters.
It is not fully-fledged ogr2ogr variant with LAS support,
that would allow you to use OGR SQL etc.

Use las2ogr.cpp demo to write your own bespoke utility.
Or, switch to PDAL or laspy if you prefer scripting environment.