[Liblas-devel] compiling libLAS under windows 7 64bit with visual studio 2013

[Liblas-devel] compiling libLAS under windows 7 64bit with visual studio 2013

oifii
Hi All,

I successfully compiled a 32 bit build of libLAS under Windows 7 - 32bit
using Visual Studio 2013.

Now, I am trying to compile a 64 bit build of libLAS under Windows 7 -
64bit using Visual Studio 2013,

every project compile fine except liblas project which gives me an
unresolved external, here's the error I get:

gt_wkt_srs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:

__cdecl CPLMutexHolder::CPLMutexHolder(void * *,double,char const

*,int,int)" (??0CPLMutexHolder@@QEAA@PEAPEAXNPEBDHH@Z) referenced in

function GTIFGetOGISDefn

C:\oifii-org\httpdocs\ns-org\nsd\bs\libLAS-1-8-1_vs2013-x64(spi)\libLAS-1.8.

1\bin\Release\liblas.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Do you have any clue as to which extra .lib I should include?

Steph

Re: [Liblas-devel] compiling libLAS under windows 7 64bit with visual studio 2013

Mateusz Loskot
On 31 March 2017 at 07:49, Stephane Poirier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now, I am trying to compile a 64 bit build of libLAS under Windows 7 - 64bit
> using Visual Studio 2013,
>
> every project compile fine except liblas project which gives me an
> unresolved external, here's the error I get:
>
> gt_wkt_srs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
>
> __cdecl CPLMutexHolder::CPLMutexHolder(void * *,double,char const
>
> *,int,int)" (??0CPLMutexHolder@@QEAA@PEAPEAXNPEBDHH@Z) referenced in
>
> function GTIFGetOGISDefn
>
> C:\oifii-org\httpdocs\ns-org\nsd\bs\libLAS-1-8-1_vs2013-x64(spi)\libLAS-1.8.
>
> 1\bin\Release\liblas.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>
> Do you have any clue as to which extra .lib I should include?

Have you checked Even's suggestion to your problem?
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2017-March/046254.html

Re: [Liblas-devel] compiling libLAS under windows 7 64bit with visual studio 2013

oifii
Hi Mateusz,

Of course I did, but I have not DEBUG defined. So it did not fix my problem.

Steph

On 1 April 2017 at 22:21, Stephane Poirier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> Of course I did, but I have not DEBUG defined. So it did not fix my problem.

There is either library mismatch (32 vs 64 bit, or release vs debug
configuration).
You'd need to check if GTIFGetOGISDefn is being linked from library
you expect it to be,
there is no unexpected geotiff  (eg. GnuWin32 or OSGeo4W) begin linked
which exports
GTIFGetOGISDefn.

Shortly, you really need to compare compiler and linker command lines your build
setup uses for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Due to fairly fragile relation between GDAL and GeoTiFF and libLAS,
things can get messy easily.

There is no extra library needed specific to 64-bit target.