[Liblas-devel] Preparing for 1.8.2

Mateusz Loskot
Hi,

I am trying to prepare for releasing libLAS 1.8.2 (bugfix release).
I started collecting release notes:
https://github.com/libLAS/libLAS/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

The major task ahead is to run the docs update, if it takes too long,
I may decide to publish the release with minimal update only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: [Liblas-devel] Preparing for 1.8.2

Mateusz Loskot
On Tue, 5 May 2020 at 11:45, Peder Axensten <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you so much for releasing an update to liblas!
> I have a number of utilities that depend on liblas to read/write las/laz files.
>
> I’ve lately experienced problems installing liblas together with laszip.
> Is this a known issue?

Well, that is something I will be verifying.
If there is an issue, I will see what it takes to fix it in order to get
libLAS building against LASzip, again.

> I guess that there are license issues that prevent laszip to be included with liblas?

Yes, there used to be and perhaps still are, but I have not monitored
laszip changes for several years now.

This will be a bugfix release, so I'm not aiming for any major changes
or restructuring.

Re: [Liblas-devel] Preparing for 1.8.2

Mateusz Loskot
Peder,

I've got to put liblas releasing along with all my side projects on back burner due to limited time due to work interleaving with parenting duties due to nurseries closure due to COVID19.

I'll pick it up again as soon as possible, but no idea when that'll happen.

Mateusz Loskot, [hidden email]
(Sent from mobile, may suffer from top-posting)

p.s. I recommend posting to [hidden email] as I don't promise any private communication about any open source projects I maintain.

On Mon, 25 May 2020, 14:56 Peder Axensten, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again, Mateusz,

If you are still working on an update to liblas, you might consider removing the following warning:
***
In file included from /usr/local/include/liblas/detail/binary.hpp:28:
In file included from /opt/local/include/boost/detail/endian.hpp:9:
/opt/local/include/boost/predef/detail/endian_compat.h:11:9: warning: The use of BOOST_*_ENDIAN and BOOST_BYTE_ORDER is deprecated. Please include
      <boost/predef/other/endian.h> and use BOOST_ENDIAN_*_BYTE instead [-W#pragma-messages]
#pragma message("The use of BOOST_*_ENDIAN and BOOST_BYTE_ORDER is deprecated. Please include <boost/predef/other/endian.h> and use BOOST_ENDIAN_*_BYTE instead")
***

Best regards,

Peder Axensten
Research engineer

Remote Sensing
Department of Forest Resource Management
SE-901 83 Umeå
Visiting address: Skogsmarksgränd
Phone: +46 90 786 85 00
[hidden email], www.slu.se/srh

The Department of Forest Resource Management is environmentally certified in accordance with ISO 14001.

> On 4 May 2020, at 17:19, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to prepare for releasing libLAS 1.8.2 (bugfix release).
> I started collecting release notes:
> https://github.com/libLAS/libLAS/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md
>
> The major task ahead is to run the docs update, if it takes too long,
> I may decide to publish the release with minimal update only.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards,

---
När du skickar e-post till SLU så innebär detta att SLU behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur detta går till, klicka här <https://www.slu.se/om-slu/kontakta-slu/personuppgifter/>