Let's Chase Trees

Robbie Sampson
I am starting a Tree stewardship scheme in a wood near whereI live.

I want to plant trees in an existing tangle of 50 hectares of undergrowth. Mark their positions  on my iPhone, then transfer that to a computerised map. My principle interest is looking after the trees; guarding them against rabbits and deer, draught and storms.

How do I use your software to geolocate at the press of a button.

Each tree needs a 'numbers' or excel file to attach fields of info to the geolocation details.
It would be useful if, on my iPhone, I could be led back to each tree later.

Local schools have shown an interest and the technical side could be useful to the older kids.
Robbie

Re: Let's Chase Trees

Markus Neteler
Robbie,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 6:53 PM Robbie Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am starting a Tree stewardship scheme in a wood near whereI live.
>
> I want to plant trees in an existing tangle of 50 hectares of undergrowth. Mark their positions  on my iPhone, then transfer that to a computerised map. My principle interest is looking after the trees; guarding them against rabbits and deer, draught and storms.
>
> How do I use your software to geolocate at the press of a button.

Congrats to your exciting project!

GRASS GIS is a very powerful analytical software, however, from what I
read it appears that you require a mobile solution.

Friends of GRASS GIS develop "geopaparazzi", available for Android and iOS:
https://www.geopaparazzi.org

> Each tree needs a 'numbers' or excel file to attach fields of info to the geolocation details.
> It would be useful if, on my iPhone, I could be led back to each tree later.
>
> Local schools have shown an interest and the technical side could be useful to the older kids.
> Robbie

Hope this helps,

Markus

--