Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

frosty1_4me
Hi,

After our upgrade to the latest AIMS, we are now experiencing issues with the legend.  There is issues within the legend on how the legend tree is rendering.  (jxLib css issues I suspect)  I've attached some examples of what they look like, but I don't know where in all the jxtheme.css files used in fusion where it needs to be fixed.

thanks.

FF:
Legend in FF

Chrome:
Legend in Google Chrome

IE9:
IE9 legend in fusion

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

zspitzer
Raise this with Autodesk support, given you have paid them some money

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM, frosty1_4me <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After our upgrade to the latest AIMS, we are now experiencing issues with
> the legend.  There is issues within the legend on how the legend tree is
> rendering.  (jxLib css issues I suspect)  I've attached some examples of
> what they look like, but I don't know where in all the jxtheme.css files
> used in fusion where it needs to be fixed.
>
> thanks.
>
> FF:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4975187/legenderror_ff.jpg
>
> Chrome:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4975187/legenderror_GChrome.jpg
>
> IE9:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4975187/legenderror1.jpg

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

frosty1_4me
We have a commercial license, but that doesn't include subscription support for that product.

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

Jackie Ng
Your aforementioned browsers usually have a live CSS/DOM inspector tool to see the CSS being used and the DOM elements that were generated. You can use this to see whether the correct CSS is being applied and also to experiment by live editing with different CSS properties.

- Jackie

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

frosty1_4me
Thanks for the response Jackie,

I have been using the developer tools in an attempt to track down the problem.  I haven't found whats causing the issue at this point.  I did read that Chrome and FF don't like the style of 'white-space:nowrap;' which is used in the jxtheme.css file but changing that had little effect.

Given the amount of expertise on this forum I would have thought others have already come across this issue since it would be something very common, so I thought I would ask.

This isn't just a simple css issue.  Could be the templ files?

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

Jackie Ng
What version of Firefox and Chrome are you using here. The latest? (Firefox 12, Chrome 19)

- Jackie

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

frosty1_4me
Yes, on both accounts.  IE9 as well, which is having some issues, but not nearly the problems with the other browsers which makes the legend unusable.

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

GordonL
I would suggest launching from Maestro or Studio and seeing if the legend is scattered.  If not, a non-mapguide CSS is messing up the legend.

Re: Legend tree in AIMS 2013, (fusion) on IE9, FF, and GChrome

frosty1_4me
Just to followup on this, there was something wrong with the fusion.js file.  I overwrote it with a different version and that seemed to correct the issue.