Legend

Gerhard M
Hi All !
I have already successful installed a mapbender-application, which request WMS-Services from an Server inside our local net, seperated through a firewall.
Outside the local net in the DMZ-Zone mapbender is working with legends, generated from the layers of the wms-service.
Recently i found out, this configuration is working well with the proxy-function, but legends are not displayed anymore. When i turn off the proxy-function, inside the local net i can use wms from our GIS-Server with displayed layers in the legend (of course not outside the local net) - turning on the proxy-functions will disturb displaying layers in the legend.
Has anyone seen this too ?
Thanks und regards
Gerhard M

Gerhard Mocza
Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
Peter Jordan Str. 82
A-1190 Wien

Tel.: 47654/5117
email: [hidden email]

Re: Legend

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hallo,

when you print the requests are send from the server. So your server must reach the services and know himself.

Please configure the proxy in parameters.yml
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

And maybe define ows_proxy3_noproxy.

 Have a look in your logfiles to find out which requests failed and what is the error message.

Can you send a map and a getLegend request to compare the two?

Do you use Mapbender3 3.0.5.2? We had an issue with the legend in earlier versions.

Astrid

Am 11.12.2015 12:38, schrieb Gerhard Mocza:
[...]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!
http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
 Eifelstraße 7
 53119 Bonn
 Germany

 Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
 Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

 [hidden email]
 www.wheregroup.com

 Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter: http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Antw: Re: Legend

Gerhard M
Hi Astrid !
Thanks for quick response.
First: the connection from the inside-GIS-Server to the world is unchecked by myself, but it was tested today positive with a friend (in the outside world).
So it was surprising for me, to put a check to PROXY in the WMS-Instanz of the service and the connection is working already without configuration of proxy in parameters.yml.
I am using mapbender 3.0.4.1.
I am sending screenshots of the legend (with proxy: bottleneck1 and without proxy: bottleneck2) and the log of the apache-access (first 15 lines for application bottleneck1 with proxy checked and spoiled legend, last line for application bottleneck2 with proxy unchecked and working legend).
kind regards
Gerhard

Gerhard Mocza
Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
Peter Jordan Str. 82
A-1190 Wien

Tel.: 47654/5117
email: [hidden email]
>>> Astrid Emde <[hidden email]> 11.12.2015 13:51 >>>

Hallo,

when you print the requests are send from the server. So your server must reach the services and know himself.

Please configure the proxy in parameters.yml
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

And maybe define ows_proxy3_noproxy.

Have a look in your logfiles to find out which requests failed and what is the error message.

Can you send a map and a getLegend request to compare the two?

Do you use Mapbender3 3.0.5.2? We had an issue with the legend in earlier versions.

Astrid

Am 11.12.2015 12:38, schrieb Gerhard Mocza:
Hi All !
I have already successful installed a mapbender-application, which request WMS-Services from an Server inside our local net, seperated through a firewall.
Outside the local net in the DMZ-Zone mapbender is working with legends, generated from the layers of the wms-service.
Recently i found out, this configuration is working well with the proxy-function, but legends are not displayed anymore. When i turn off the proxy-function, inside the local net i can use wms from our GIS-Server with displayed layers in the legend (of course not outside the local net) - turning on the proxy-functions will disturb displaying layers in the legend.
Has anyone seen this too ?
Thanks und regards
Gerhard M

Gerhard Mocza
Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
Peter Jordan Str. 82
A-1190 Wien

Tel.: 47654/5117
email: [hidden email]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!
http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
 Eifelstraße 7
 53119 Bonn
 Germany

 Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
 Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

 [hidden email]
 www.wheregroup.com

 Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter: http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

access.log (7K) Download Attachment
bottleneck1.jpg (166K) Download Attachment
bottleneck2.jpg (158K) Download Attachment

Antw: Re: Legend

Gerhard M

Hi Astrid !

Thanks for quick response.

I have already sent a mail to the list but because of graphic screenshots it was blocked. So i sent it again with no screenshots !

First: the connection from the inside-GIS-Server to the world is unchecked by myself, but it was tested today positive with a friend (in the outside world).

So it was surprising for me, to put a check to PROXY in the WMS-Instanz of the service and the connection is working already without configuration of proxy in parameters.yml.

I am using mapbender 3.0.4.1.

I am sending the log of the apache-access (first 15 lines for application bottleneck1 with proxy checked and spoiled legend, last line for application bottleneck2 with proxy unchecked and working legend).

> [...]

Has anyone seen this too ?
Thanks und regards
Gerhard M

Gerhard Mocza
Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
Peter Jordan Str. 82
A-1190 Wien

Tel.: 47654/5117
email: [hidden email]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Re: Antw: Re: Legend

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Gerhard,

I had a look at your log file. Look like in your GetLegendGraphic zu
have encoded parts
(request=GetLegendGraphic%26version=1.3.0%26format=image/png%26layer=0&_signature=106%3A6ViVPx-E8aW020AS215KMHnYRBA)

http://../arcgis/services/AKK/acc_b_wr_neustaedter_pforte01_v02/MapServer/WmsServer?request=GetLegendGraphic%26version=1.3.0%26format=image/png%26layer=0&_signature=106%3A6ViVPx-E8aW020AS215KMHnYRBA

Mapbender3 encodes the Request again which may cause th error.

Try Mapbender 3.0.5.2 . The problem should be solved with this version.

Astrid

Am 2015-12-11 14:55, schrieb Gerhard Mocza:

> [...]
> Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
> -------------------------------
>  pgp-public key:
>  http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284 [5]
>  Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
>  Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated
>

> Links:
> ------
> [2] http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016
> [3] http://www.wheregroup.com
> [4] http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
> [5] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
> [6]
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Thank You for your response.
I' ve installed 3.0.5.2 at my developing machine, but for my legend-issue, this was not the solution.
Difference between 3.0.4.1 and 3.0.5.2 is entry "OWSProxyConfiguration" in parameters.yml, right ?
Which entry is right for ows_proxy3_host and ows_proxy3_noproxy ?
> [...]

> proxy-function, but legends are not displayed anymore. When i turn off
> the proxy-function, inside the local net i can use wms from our
> GIS-Server with displayed layers in the legend (of course not outside
> the local net) - turning on the proxy-functions will disturb
> displaying layers in the legend.
> Has anyone seen this too ?
> Thanks und regards
> Gerhard M
>
> Gerhard Mocza
> Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
> Peter Jordan Str. 82
> A-1190 Wien
>
> Tel.: 47654/5117
> email: [hidden email]

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Astrid Emde
> GIS-Consultant

> FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
> Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

[hidden email]
>  www.wheregroup.com [3]
>
>  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
> http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com [4]
>
> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
> -------------------------------
> Komplementärin:
> WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
> vertreten durch:
> Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
> -------------------------------
>  pgp-public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284 [5]
>  Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
>  Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated
>

> Links:
> ------
> [2] http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016
> [3] http://www.wheregroup.com
> [4] http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
> [5] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
> [6]
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!
http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: Antw: Re: Legend

armin11
hi gerhard,
choose the ows_proxy3_host and ows_proxy3_port for your proxy and set ows_proxy3_noproxy to localhost. this may help for 3.0.5.2 ;-)
regards from germany
armin

On 22.12.2015 11:47, Gerhard Mocza wrote:
> [...]

> proxy-function, but legends are not displayed anymore. When i turn off
> the proxy-function, inside the local net i can use wms from our
> GIS-Server with displayed layers in the legend (of course not outside
> the local net) - turning on the proxy-functions will disturb
> displaying layers in the legend.
> Has anyone seen this too ?
> Thanks und regards
> Gerhard M
>
> Gerhard Mocza
> Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
> Peter Jordan Str. 82
> A-1190 Wien
>
> Tel.: 47654/5117
> email: [hidden email]

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Astrid Emde
> GIS-Consultant

> FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
> Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com [3]

>  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
> http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com [4]
>
> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
> -------------------------------
> Komplementärin:
> WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
> vertreten durch:
> Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
> -------------------------------
>  pgp-public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284 [5]
>  Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
>  Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated
>

> Links:
> ------
> [2] http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016
> [3] http://www.wheregroup.com
> [4] http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
> [5] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
> [6]
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!
http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur
Rheinland-Pfalz
LVermGeo-RP

Von-Kuhl-Straße 49
56070 Koblenz

0261/492-466
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: Antw: Re: Legend

Gerhard M
Hi Armin !
Thank you for your config-help.
This made it quite clear, proxy-config is not the reasson for my legend-issue.
Must be encoding of LegendGraphics ! Maybe in 3.0.5.2 is a checkbox anywhere or a switch in a config-file, where encoding could be turned off ?
> [...]

> Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
> -------------------------------
> pgp-public key:
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284 [5]
> Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
> Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated
>

> Links:
> ------
> [2] http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016
> [3] http://www.wheregroup.com
> [4] http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
> [5] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
> [6]
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Andreas Schmitz-2
Gerhard Mocza wrote:

Hi,

> Thank you for your config-help.
> This made it quite clear, proxy-config is not the reasson for my
> legend-issue.
> Must be encoding of LegendGraphics ! Maybe in 3.0.5.2 is a checkbox
> anywhere or a switch in a config-file, where encoding could be turned
> off ?

you can also try to fix your server config instead. Percent-encoding
the & makes those requests actually invalid. Although Mapbender 3
tries to make sense of the request anyway, a proper solution would be
to fix the server. A proper GetCapabilities snippet looks like this:

<LegendURL width="154" height="81">
  <Format>image/png</Format>
  <OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://deegree3-demo.deegree.org/utah-workspace/services?request=GetLegendGraphic&amp;version=1.1.1&amp;service=WMS&amp;layer=cities&amp;style=Cities&amp;format=image/png"/>
</LegendURL>

Take note how the & are SGML/XML quoted as &amp; and not percent
encoded.

Best regards, Andreas

Re: Antw: Re: Legend

Gerhard M
Hi Andreas !
I will search in the doc of the server. When i get a solution i will post it here.
Muchos Gracias
Gerhard

Gerhard Mocza
Institut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation
Peter Jordan Str. 82
A-1190 Wien

Tel.: 47654/5117
email: [hidden email]

>>> Andreas Schmitz <[hidden email]> 22.12.2015 14:12 >>>
Gerhard Mocza wrote:

Hi,

> Thank you for your config-help.
> This made it quite clear, proxy-config is not the reasson for my
> legend-issue.
> Must be encoding of LegendGraphics ! Maybe in 3.0.5.2 is a checkbox
> anywhere or a switch in a config-file, where encoding could be turned
> off ?

you can also try to fix your server config instead. Percent-encoding
the & makes those requests actually invalid. Although Mapbender 3
tries to make sense of the request anyway, a proper solution would be
to fix the server. A proper GetCapabilities snippet looks like this:

<LegendURL width="154" height="81">
  <Format>image/png</Format>
  <OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://deegree3-demo.deegree.org/utah-workspace/services?request=GetLegendGraphic&amp;version=1.1.1&amp;service=WMS&amp;layer=cities&amp;style=Cities&amp;format=image/png"/>
</LegendURL>

Take note how the & are SGML/XML quoted as &amp; and not percent
encoded.

Best regards, Andreas

Re: Antw: Re: Legend

Gerhard M
Hi All !
So i tried out 3.0.5.2 on my developing machine and i think, i found out right proxy-configuration. Result is: Legend-Symbols will be displayed on the side-pan !
So i wanted to upgrade from 3.0.4.1 on my production machine, too, but:
i could it not get to work - maybe i have forgotten something, but i think i made all the stuff as on the dev-machine !

When i want to display my mapbender-applicationspage xx.xx.xx.xx.xx/mapbender3 on a webbrowser, i'll get error-message:  the requested page "/mapbender3/" could not be found.
when i go back to 3.0.4.1, all is working wonderful (except the legend-symbols).

so here is my question:
the only thing, which was not working at upgrading, was this SQL-command (which was recommended for upgrading to 3.0.4.0, when mapbender3 is running on a postgresql-DB):
ALTER TABLE fom_profile_basic DROP CONSTRAINT fom_profile_basic_pkey;
Error-Message is: relation "fom_profile_basic" does not exist.
Has anyone a glue ? Mapbender3-directory has already writing-permit for www-data !
Thanks and regards
> [...]

> Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
> -------------------------------
> pgp-public key:
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284 [5]
> Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
> Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated
>

> Links:
> ------
> [2] http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016
> [3] http://www.wheregroup.com
> [4] http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
> [5] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
> [6]
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Jörg Thomsen

Hello Gerhard,

seems more to be an apache-problem. Is the directory-name of the mapbender-installation after upgrading still the same? Or do you change it from ...../mapbender3.0.4.1 to .../mapbender3.0.5.2. If you do so, you have to change the alias-configuration of apache (see http://doc.mapbender3.org/3.0.4/de/book/installation.html#download) and restart the service. Its easier to use a directory-name like mapbender3/.

Jörg

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:33:05 +0100, Gerhard Mocza wrote:

> [...]

> Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
> -------------------------------
> pgp-public key:
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284 [5]
> Signierte und/oder verschlüsselte Nachrichten sind sehr willkommen
> Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated
>

> Links:
> ------
> [2] http://www.foss-academy.eu/winterschule_2016
> [3] http://www.wheregroup.com
> [4] http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
> [5] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x06DA52D72D515284
> [6]
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#parameters-yml

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Hi Jörg !
Yes - the name is the same ;-)
i have renamed mapbender3_3.0.5.2 to mapbender3 and saved the old version. So apache should find it.
Thanks