Legend remote External Graphic

Olyster
Hi,

Using Geoserver *2.14.0*, when I enter an URL pointing to a .png image for a
custom legend online resource, the path to the file is wrong in
GetCapabilities document thus preventing the legend image to be shown in
client application.

URL entered in Legend Online resource : http://server/documents/mp.png

Result in GetCapabilities (WMS) document :

<Format>image/png</Format>
<OnlineResource xmlns:xlink=&quot;http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink&quot;
xlink:type=&quot;simple&quot;
xlink:href=&quot;&lt;b>http://server/geoserver/styles/WS/http://server/documents/mp.png*"/>

As you can see the server URL is concatenated with the image URL.

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Legend remote External Graphic

geowolf
Hi,
I had a quick look at the code generating the backlink, it just builds the reference assuming the legend
file is stored inside the "styles" folder of the GeoServer data directory.
However the documentation states that one can also enter a "URL", which is not true.

Either the docs or the code need fixing so that they become consistent. I'd open a ticket.
If anyone wants to fix the docs, it should be a quick fix that can be done following this procedure:

Cheers
Andrea