Lead from the INSPIRE conference ...

Dirk Frigne-2
Dear list,

I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
INSPIRE conference last week.

Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
mentioned in our telephone conversation).

I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in providing
some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity to show
that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.

Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into my response.

Dirk.

Re: Lead from the INSPIRE conference ...

Simone Giannecchini
Hi Dirk,
you can mention us for:

- GeoServer
- GeoNode
- GeoNetwork
- QGIS as well

Languages, Italian and English.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali
(Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati
“GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email
(il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui
conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a
cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato
se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided
by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use
of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
> INSPIRE conference last week.
>
> Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
> mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>
> I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in providing
> some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity to show
> that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
> provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>
> Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into my response.
>
> Dirk.

Andrea Antonello
Hi Dirk,
thank you for this.

We (HydroloGIS), are available for:

- gvSIG
- Geopaparazzi (altough, not official osgeo, it is one of the few field mapping apps, so it might be of interest)

Languages: Italian, English, German, Spanish

Best regards,
Andrea

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:52 AM Simone Giannecchini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dirk,
you can mention us for:

- GeoServer
- GeoNode
- GeoNetwork
- QGIS as well

Languages, Italian and English.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali
(Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati
“GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email
(il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui
conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a
cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato
se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided
by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use
of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
> INSPIRE conference last week.
>
> Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
> mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>
> I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in providing
> some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity to show
> that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
> provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>
> Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into my response.
>
> Dirk.

delawen
Hi,

Still on time?

GeoCat can give training on:
 * GeoNetwork, of course
 * GeoServer
 * MapServer
 * QGIS
 * PostGIS
 * PyWPS
 * Talend Spatial (also not official OSGeo, but useful)

Languages: English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian.

But I see a lot of companies missing on this thread. I am pretty sure you can say we cover all OSGeo with no problem, with one company or another.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM andrea antonello <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
> INSPIRE conference last week.
>
> Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
> mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>
> I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in providing
> some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity to show
> that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
> provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>
> Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into my response.

Dear Simone, Maria, Andrea, Jeroen,

I provided the information I received to Gabriele GIANNINI from the
European Commission DG Agriculture. As he indicates, he does this
request in his personal name, not official, though I think this should
raise the awareness that the OSGeo-eco system works.

I think it would be great if we could provide a schema with the name of
a course, the date(s) it is planned, the place where it is organised,
the language which is used (and eventually the price) with a link for
registration or more information.

I am sure we as a community are smart enough to provide the technical
way to provide this documentation online with a URL we can use to
promote this 'OSGeo' activity.

As Maria indicates, we should be able to cover all the OSGeo projects
and even more.

One rule (my2c, maybe there should be more rules) the educated software
should be FOSS.

It is the responsibility of the party who gives the course to update the
data.

Concrete:
1. Who can help me setting up the link and the table to be filled in
(user friendly please ...)
2. please  Simone, Maria, Andrea, Jeroen fill in the data about the
courses you mention and which are planned.
3. to everybody: please add your own course, in your own language so we
can prpovide a European wide academy.
4. to all: spread the word, only if we collaborate we will be able to
provide sustainable services, and spread our offer to a lot of people,
sometimes never heard about FOSS...

Dirk

On 10-10-18 10:11, María Arias de Reyna wrote:

> [...]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>         >
>         > Dear list,
>         >
>         > I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
>         > INSPIRE conference last week.
>         >
>         > Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
>         > mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>         >
>         > I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in
>         providing
>         > some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity
>         to show
>         > that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
>         > provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>         >
>         > Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into

there might be a misunderstanding, at least for our company.

We give courses on a quite regularly basis, but we are not a structured training company.
Usually we are contacted to have a course taylored to the needs of the client.

Just an example, a geopaparazzi course for the Austrian Geological Society: https://geologie.or.at/index.php/kurse/digitale-kartierung-geopaparazzi-2
And similar it is for gvSIG and geoscripting.

But we do not have a courses catalogue, if that is what you are looking for.

Do yo need something really structured with a name and a presentation page? I think that would cut us out.
Not sure about the others.

Cheers,
Andrea

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:27 PM Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>         >
>         > Dear list,
>         >
>         > I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
>         > INSPIRE conference last week.
>         >
>         > Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
>         > mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>         >
>         > I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in
>         providing
>         > some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity
>         to show
>         > that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
>         > provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>         >
>         > Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into

It is the same for us.

We have material prepared, but we always ask the customer what they need and adapt it to their use case, so there is never two equal courses.

Also dates and places are not something public, but private. I doubt customers will be happy if we share that information :)

El vie., 12 oct. 2018 12:03, andrea antonello <[hidden email]> escribió:
> [...]

>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>         >
>         > Dear list,
>         >
>         > I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
>         > INSPIRE conference last week.
>         >
>         > Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
>         > mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>         >
>         > I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in
>         providing
>         > some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity
>         to show
>         > that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
>         > provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>         >
>         > Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into

Yves Jacolin

Hello,

Camptocamp offers standard trainings (as well as custom one), see: https://www.camptocamp.com/formations/ (GeoSpatail and Infrastructure).

I can probably send you a PDF file with description of training if needed. We can do most of the training in En, Fr and De.

Regards,

Yves Jacolin

Le 12/10/2018 à 12:07, María Arias de Reyna a écrit :
> [...]

>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>         >
>         > Dear list,
>         >
>         > I received following request as a reaction on our presence on the
>         > INSPIRE conference last week.
>         >
>         > Who can provide a course of OSGeo software (in particular QGis was
>         > mentioned in our telephone conversation).
>         >
>         > I also can send the link of everybody who is interested in
>         providing
>         > some information to Gabriele. I think this is an opportunity
>         to show
>         > that OSGeo is able to offer support and education, and in this way
>         > provide a valid alternative as provider of SIG services.
>         >
>         > Any reaction until Wednesday 10 October will be included into

http://yjacolin.gloobe.org

Re: Lead from the INSPIRE conference ...

tfriebe
Hi,

lat/lon offers trainings on
  * deegree,
  * Building a SDI with Open Source Software
  * INSPIRE with Open Source Software
in DE and EN. Offerings upon request. Currently we don't have a
courses catalogue or some thing like that.

There a some more provider as in [1] and [2].

Kind regards,
Torsten

_
[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Source_Training_Providers
[2] https://foss-academy.com/

--
### -->  Bitte beachten Sie unsere neuen Rufnummern!  <--  ###

l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19                    53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 9477 9877             fax ++49 +228 9477 0154
http://www.lat-lon.de                 http://www.deegree.org

lat/lon gesellschaft für raumbezogene informationssysteme mbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 13042
Geschäftsführer: Jens Fitzke und Torsten Friebe