Layouts --> Show maps in irregular polygon like a Tetris

Layouts --> Show maps in irregular polygon like a Tetris

Miquel Pujol Garcia-6
Hi QGIS users & developers !!!

In layout, you can insert many maps (Add map), but only can be regular polygons (square or rectangular), but when you want to create a special presentation like a Tetris, you can't do it. The figures circle, triangular, add polygon,... can't show maps inside them.

Someone know how can show maps inside irregular polygons in layouts?
Would be nice that QGIS has this options in layouts...

Test.jpeg

Thanks,

Miquel Pujol Garcia

Re: Layouts --> Show maps in irregular polygon like a Tetris

Bob Affleck

Can you please remove me from these lists.

Thank you,

Bob Affleck

Re: Layouts --> Show maps in irregular polygon like a Tetris

Nicolas Cadieux
Hi Bob,
There is a link to unsubscribe below. BTW, I like your idea.  AutoCAD has this.  You could make a feature request in the bug report page. https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/bugreporting.html

By the way, can we make polygons shapes with holes or islands??? If so, you can probably use the transparency to simulate what you need.

Cheers!
Nicolas

Le 6 oct. 2019 à 05:06, Bob Affleck <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Can you please remove me from these lists.

Thank you,

Bob Affleck

Re: Layouts --> Show maps in irregular polygon like a Tetris

Richard McDonnell

Bob,

One other option, in addition or Miquel’s,  would be to draw the polygons as you have shown them below. You can then use the Inverted Polygon option under Properties, Symbology, this will create a view like what you are looking for.

If you set the polygon fill to white, you can even set the up the transparency so as to show the rest of the map areas only lighter.

Hope this helps,

Richard.

Can you please remove me from these lists.

Thank you,

Bob Affleck

In layout, you can insert many maps (Add map), but only can be regular polygons (square or rectangular), but when you want to create a special presentation like a Tetris, you can't do it. The figures circle, triangular, add polygon,... can't show maps inside them.
Someone know how can show maps inside irregular polygons in layouts?
Would be nice that QGIS has this options in layouts...

Thanks,

Miquel Pujol Garcia

Image removed by sender.

Email Disclaimer: http://www.opw.ie/en/disclaimer/