Layers Panel and Measure Tool

swaxolez
I've been working with Geoserver and Openlayers in conjunction with my postgis data.  So far everything is working very well.  Great work to all those who no doubt spent countless hours making this work so smoothly.

I'm not exactly clear how I would go about modifying openlayers in Geoserver so that it would include the layers panel and a measure tool.  I've tried using the static geoserver/www page but then I lose certain aspects of geoserver functionality when sending an url request.  How does one modify the underlying openlayers code geoserver generates for a data layer?  Is there a specific java module I need to configure?

Thanks

Re: Layers Panel and Measure Tool

swaxolez
Ok I have this figured out.  I must admit I've been out of the web development game for a very long time now.  I should have tried a little harder before asking for help on here.

Cheers,