Layering polygons show edge at borders

Nicole Orval
Hi,

I am using WMS requests to get different layers of the same area to be
stacked on top of each other. For the polygons I use a normal fill style.
However, there seems to be something weird happening at some borders when I
have two layers. Although the coordinates of the polygons coincide, I always
see a small line/edge of the second-highest polygon shining through at the
border.

I read that one of the ways to fix this, was to add a stroke to the top
polygon. That does work, but I think the top polygon then loses some of its
detail. So I was wondering whether it would also be possible to add a
"negative stroke" to the second-highest polygon.

Does anyone have experience with a similar issue?

I am using version 2.8.0 of GeoServer.

Cheers,
Nicole

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Layering polygons show edge at borders

Nicole Orval
Nicole Orval wrote
>>Although the coordinates of the polygons coincide, I
>> always
>> see a small line/edge of the second-highest polygon shining through at
>> the
>> border.

I updated to version 2.14 and after more looking around I found that the
fact that my polygon borders were still visible after being "stacked on top
of each other" was caused by anti-aliasing.
Using "format_options=antialias:none" in the request solved this issue for
me.

Nicole

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html