Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Mal

Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Mal
As I was having issues with raster files and scripts not running in Mapguide 2.5, I decided to install Mapguide 2.6

I have the installs in a VMWare win7/64

here is a video of my steps where I am doing a layer with a joined database and it works fine in MapGuide 2.5
http://screencast.com/t/p4FFY8TrHM

then I do exactly the same in MapGuide 2.6, or at least I think I am, but in preview, I see nothing.

What is this newbe missing......frustration is beginning to set in.
http://screencast.com/t/iUnar3ZDj

thanks in advance.

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Jackie Ng
I just made the same join in 2.6 RC2 and can see the data.

You should probably preview the Feature Sources individually first to see if you can view the underlying data.

- Jackie
Mal

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Mal
hey Jackie, thanks for testing this out.

I have preview the Feature Sources individually and it looks fine.
When I preview the hydrant shape file I can see the hydrants but when I create a join to the MS database I do not see anything in the preview.

I am testing on VMware same datasets, same operating system, only difference is one is Mapguide 2.5 and the other is 2.6

My goal is to 1. learn MapGuideOS and 2. create a tutorial to getting started. (give back to this site)
but I am running into these small connection issue, and I appreciate all the help that this group has been providing so far. But I am still batting zero.

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Berg, James
You'll need to do some troubleshooting.

First, ensure that your shp feature source returns rows in the preview without the join.
Next,  ensure that your ODBC feature source returns rows from the database table feature source. If you don't get anything, it's the ODBC feature source that's not properly configured.
Then, ensure that your shp feature source joined with the ODBC feature source returns rows in the preview. If you don't then the join isn't configured properly.
Mal

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Mal
I am not sure what you mean by "returns rows in the preview "or how to display the rows.

This is what I have in regards to displaying the Schema

and If I create a layer for the SHP and for the join this is what is displayed.
http://screencast.com/t/cGRBxxXQZo

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Jackie Ng
Okay, what you're seeing there is a small PHP issue (that's now fixed) in the data preview that's masking the actual error.

Do you see any errors logged into your error.log file?

- Jackie

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Berg, James
By return rows, I just mean what you see here when you preview a feature source. If Total Entries says -1 then the feature source isn't configured correctly.

Mal

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Mal
the link to the video displays what I get when I try and preview the feature source.
essentially, I get the following
"PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method DOMDocument::loadXML() should not be called statically in C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\schemareport\displayschemafunctions.php on line 129"

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Jackie Ng
If it's not too much of a hassle, can you create a package of your current problematic data via the MapGuide Site Administrator and send it to us?

- Jackie

Re: Layer with joined database ver 2.5 and 2.6

Jackie Ng
I found the problem.

Your MS Access Feature Source has a bad table configuration. The Hydrant_Maintenance table was configured as a Feature Class with geometry, but without X and Y columns specified. Removing this bad table configuration fixes the join.

- Jackie