Layer tree

Karl Magnus Jönsson

Hi all!

I’ve been thinking of some changes to the Layertree. Mostly GUI stuff to make it nicer more easy to use on different devices.

·         No layername in legend image. Only symbol and category name if exists. Configurable?

·         Metadata. Legend + more info. Where to read that?

·         Switch all layers off-button

·         Expand group layer by click on group layername

·         Toggle layer by click on layer name. Checkbox maybe unnecessary.

·         Able to hide layers in a group and just show group layer. In other words: a group layer that is not expandable.

·         Layertree visible from start

·         Layertree hidden from start on small screen

·         Show layertree with small button or sweep

·         Left or right placement?

What do you think about it? Do you agree or do you have other ideas?

Karl-Magnus Jönsson │GIS-utvecklare

Miljö- och samhällsbyggnadsförvaltningen, avd. Geografisk information

Kristianstads kommun

291 80 Kristianstad

Besöksadress: Västra Storgatan 12

Tel 044-13 54 16 │ Mobil: 0733-13 54 16 │[hidden email]

www.kristianstad.se

Re: Layer tree

Sandro Mani

Hi

On 24.03.2017 13:37, Karl Magnus Jönsson wrote:

Hi all!

I’ve been thinking of some changes to the Layertree. Mostly GUI stuff to make it nicer more easy to use on different devices.

·         No layername in legend image. Only symbol and category name if exists. Configurable?

The layer image is the output of the WMS GetLegendGraphic request.

·         Metadata. Legend + more info. Where to read that?

Layer metadata is available from layer entry -> settings icon -> info icon

·         Switch all layers off-button

Can't you just toggle the root group?

·         Expand group layer by click on group layername

·         Toggle layer by click on layer name. Checkbox maybe unnecessary.

IMO che checkbox is important to recognize the state of an entry

·         Able to hide layers in a group and just show group layer. In other words: a group layer that is not expandable.

Could be done

·         Layertree visible from start

Could be done

·         Layertree hidden from start on small screen

Could be done

·         Show layertree with small button or sweep

There already is the LayersButton component which adds a button similar to zoom in / zoom out, you just need to add it to config.json.

·         Left or right placement?

Could be done

What do you think about it? Do you agree or do you have other ideas?

Feel free to create tickets for feature requests on github (https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/issues).

Best
Sandro

Re: Layer tree

Karl Magnus Jönsson

HI! Thank for the answers. I created an issue about the Legend image. But the behavior of the layer tree may need some more discussion before we do something. Or should we have the discussion in an issue on Github?

I think the ability toggle layer by click on layer name is needed. Checkbox maybe unnecessary but could remain. You can can recognize the state of the entry with a different background color or bold text. I think it's cleaner and more easy to use particularly on touch screens.

Karl-Magnus Jönsson | Gis-Utvecklare
Geografisk information
Miljö- och samhällsbyggnadsförvaltningen
Kristianstads kommun
Besöksadress: Västra Storgatan 12
Postadress: 291 80 Kristianstad
Telefon: 044-135416 | Mobil: 0733-135416

karl-magnus.jonsson@...

www.kristianstad.se