Layer Preview

Pedro
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I add a postgis view to Geoserver.
When I go to Layer Preview (Openlayers), instead of having a map it ask me if I want to safe a file...
In QGIS, when I add a WFS connection to that same Geoserver Layer I get a correct answer (it show me the layer)

In the postgis table/view my geom column is type (Geometry,4326)
The Layer Preview problem maybe related to the geometry type?

thanks in advance,
Pedro

Re: Layer Preview

jratike80
Hi,

Save the file and open it with a text editor. It may be an error message that can help you further.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Pedro wrote:

Hi,

I add a postgis view to Geoserver.
When I go to Layer Preview (Openlayers), instead of having a map it ask me if I want to safe a file...
In QGIS, when I add a WFS connection to that same Geoserver Layer I get a correct answer (it show me the layer)

In the postgis table/view my geom column is type (Geometry,4326) The Layer Preview maybe related to the geometry type?

thanks in advance,
Pedro

Re: Layer Preview

Pedro
Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote
Hi,

Save the file and open it with a text editor. It may be an error message that can help you further.
Thanks Jukka!

I had this in the file : "No such resource: generic.sld"

Changed the Style to 'polygon' and open the LAyer Preview works (I don't see the geometries in the preview but that is probably another problem).

Re: Layer Preview

Pedro
Well it seems that my problem in Layer Preview is now different

Layer Preview any of the preloaded data in OpenLayers and I just get a blank map.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Pedro

Re: Layer Preview

Julian
Hi Pedro,

Check the geoserver log to see if there are any errors.
If not, make sure that the bounding box used by the preview (check the actual URL) contains actual data. If it does, verify that you can use one of the default styles (point, poly or line).

/julian