Landsat Archive

Frank Warmerdam
Folks,

As I imagine is well know the USGS offers the ability to
download from it's extensive Landsat archives for free.
However, my understanding is that this can be a fairly slow
process.

A substantial part of that archive is available at:

  https://storage.cloud.google.com/earthengine-public

For a hopefully fast and reliable download.  The structure
should hopefully be fairly straight forward for those familiar
with Landsat.  Is there some process I might go through
whereby I can document this usefully?

Note: I am not making any guarantees about this on
behalf of Google.  I hoping to get a more official statement
on this archive from those responsible for it at google but
that isn't me.  Treat what I've said here as personal, not
corporate.

Re: Landsat Archive

Angelos Tzotsos
Thank you Frank,

This is very useful, especially for educational purposes.

Best regards,
Angelos

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

As I imagine is well know the USGS offers the ability to
download from it's extensive Landsat archives for free.
However, my understanding is that this can be a fairly slow
process.

A substantial part of that archive is available at:

  https://storage.cloud.google.com/earthengine-public

For a hopefully fast and reliable download.  The structure
should hopefully be fairly straight forward for those familiar
with Landsat.  Is there some process I might go through
whereby I can document this usefully?

Note: I am not making any guarantees about this on
behalf of Google.  I hoping to get a more official statement
on this archive from those responsible for it at google but
that isn't me.  Treat what I've said here as personal, not
corporate.

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens

Re: Landsat Archive

dementiev
Hello,  Frank.

Is it still available for download?

Can see google project, but can`t download any of the files(even scene_list.zip).

Best regards,
Dmitry.