Label backgroundcolor

Fawcett, David (MNIT)
I know that you can set a shadow for the backgroundcolor (billboard).

Can you increase the size of the billboard? E.g. 5 pixels all of the way around?

Thanks,

David.

Re: Label backgroundcolor

Michael Schulz
Hi David,

not sure, but have you tried using/increasing the BUFFER value of the label?

Cheers, Michael

2010/11/18 Fawcett, David (MPCA) <[hidden email]>:

> I know that you can set a shadow for the backgroundcolor (billboard).
>
> Can you increase the size of the billboard? E.g. 5 pixels all of the way around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

RE: Label backgroundcolor

Fawcett, David (MNIT)
Thanks Michael.

BUFFER just does what I expected it to do.  The labels are farther apart and one of them doesn't get drawn because there isn't room for it.

David.

not sure, but have you tried using/increasing the BUFFER value of the label?

Cheers, Michael

2010/11/18 Fawcett, David (MPCA) <[hidden email]>:

> I know that you can set a shadow for the backgroundcolor (billboard).
>
> Can you increase the size of the billboard? E.g. 5 pixels all of the way around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: Label backgroundcolor

tbonfort
BUFFER used to also expand the size of the billboard, but that's not
the case anymore. I don't think it's currently possible to expand the
billboard, although it should soon be possible to do so in the near
future (we can also imagine rounded rectangle billboards to).

(the following is slightly off-topic, bu at least it will be written
down somewhere to integrate in the migration guide)
we'll probably be removing backgroundcolor and backgroundshadowcolor,
and replace them with something like

LABEL
   xxx
   STYLE
      GEOMTRANSFORM LABELPOLY    #this is were other keywords would be
used for expanding the billboard
      COLOR xxx #ex bgcolor
      OUTLINECOLOR xxx
      OFFSET 1 1 #use an offset for obtaining the same result as
backgroundshadowcolor
      SYMBOL 'hatch' #let your imagination play
   END
END

regards,
thomas